+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Utd v St Mirren 2nd leg thread

Utd v St Mirren 2nd leg thread

May as well get this started. This is going to be nerve wracking and I have a feeling it is going to be a one goal match. We have to hope we’re the ones to get it. Starting line up I suspect will be same as Thursday but possibly with Safranko for Clark, but for all the doubters out there Sow WILL start. We need the 1600 to sing their hearts out and get right behind them, especially when they’re under the cosh which they will be at times. What gives me confidence though is that in 270 minutes of high pressure play off football we have not conceded and actually allowed the opposition very few opportunities and even on these occasions, Benji has done what’s required. But bloody hell this is cardiac arrest stuff and if it goes all the way to penalties then it’s hide behind the couch time.

Finding it difficult to want to watch it live on TV, so much worse than being there, already unbearable tension

Keep reminding myself that it's early in the new era, if it comes to it we will be strong from the start next season under a good manager and imo would win the league but it doesn't change the fact this is a big opportunity and will be a huge kick in the balls if we came up short.. and a huge high if we do it

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Finding it difficult to want to watch it live on TV, so much worse than being there, already unbearable tension

Keep reminding myself that it's early in the new era, if it comes to it we will be strong from the start next season under a good manager and imo would win the league but it doesn't change the fact this is a big opportunity and will be a huge kick in the balls if we came up short.. and a huge high if we do it
    Serious Question....Do you think there is absolutely no chance of Neilson being sacked if you don't go up...I know he's had the backing of the new owners and a bit of stability is probably what you need...but Ross County are the worst team for many a year to win the championship...just wonder if the yanks are looking for success for the money they've invested...or if initial improvement will suffice for the moment

Quote Originally Posted by petermackie View Post
    Serious Question....Do you think there is absolutely no chance of Neilson being sacked if you don't go up...I know he's had the backing of the new owners and a bit of stability is probably what you need...but Ross County are the worst team for many a year to win the championship...just wonder if the yanks are looking for success for the money they've invested...or if initial improvement will suffice for the moment
    You boys took 3-0 tankings from two teams in the Championship. One of those teams ended up 2nd bottom...and you're making it out that Ross County are a poor side??

I see it being the same starting line up, but I would personally be playing Booth at LB with Robson ahead of him.

What I saw on Thursday was a United team that had room for improvement and a St Mirren team that were playing the only way they know how to.

I think its all going to come down to the first goal and I think that whoever gets this could go on to win comfortably.

One thing I think we need to do to win is phucking hit the ball though. I counted 5 times at least on Thursday where we had sight of goal and insisting on playing the ball out wide/passing into the box. That keeper of theirs has a mistake in him, we should be looking to sting him at any opportunity.

The majority of pressure is definately on St Mirren tomorrow...I honestly believe that we have the players to take advantage of this and get us the win.

Must admit I’ve got the pessimistic head on tonight and can see a repeat of the Accies game 2 year ago i.e. a narrow defeat. I hope I’m wrong of course.

Quote Originally Posted by jerrennixon View Post
    You boys took 3-0 tankings from two teams in the Championship. One of those teams ended up 2nd bottom...and you're making it out that Ross County are a poor side??

Peter is delusional, don't know why he continues to post on here for one, trying to show that he is a fan who will post ewhen the going is tough but really no one cares for his input which is invariably inaccurate or keech, it's a United forum

We know Neilson is manager next season unless he decides to leave for another club, which I doubt as he has bought into the plans for the club going forward so I'm sure would want a full season advert a summer window, not like he can get a bigger in Scotland (unless Hearts if Levein stepped down but that's unlikely as he has been there already)

Wishful thinking from a funster basically

Quote Originally Posted by jerrennixon View Post
    I'm not denying Dundee were a poor side this season...but you seriously think Ross County were decent?!

Looking at our previous play off away ties, never many goals, the only defeat two years ago at Hamilton which was our 6th game in the play off in 2 weeks, we were clearly toiling by the end

12-05-1996 Partick 1-1 United - Final 1st leg att 10,414
    09-05-2017 Morton 1-2 United - QF 1st leg att 3,306
    19-05-2017 Falkirk 1-2 United - SF 2nd leg att 7,926
    25-05-2017 Hamilton 1-0 United - Final 2nd leg att 5,027
    01-05-2018 Dunfermline 0-0 United - QF 1st leg att 6,474
    11-05-2018 Livingston 1-1 United - SF 2nd leg att 4,508
    14-05-2019 Inverness 0-1 United - SF 1st leg att 2,604

If you include at Tannadice, in all 15 play off games/legs, lost 2, the other being Livi at Tannadice last year due to Csaba's daft sub/ game management

Played 15 Won 7 Drew 6 Lost 2 GF 21 GA 12

We have kept cleansheets in 5 of our last 6 games, the only one we didn't was the meaningless match at Morton (direct fk), although Thurs was a rare occasion we have failed to score this season, I fancy us to score but can we continue to keep it tight

Quote Originally Posted by petermackie View Post
    Ignorance is bliss, eh Peter! Think there is a bigger likelihood that your bunch of Yanks will make a stupid move rather than our guys removing an integral part of our new era.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)