+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: O/T Are today's ****agers really bothered about saving the planet

O/T Are today's ****agers really bothered about saving the planet

Well having seen the state of my local park in Greasbrough with all the litter thrown all over I don't think so. Every morning after the night before it's disgusting. There is enough bins so no excuse. I clean up nearly every morning as I walk my dogs through the park to the fields. Maybe it's an age thing but it bothers me that people carnt use the bins.
    Last edited by CAMiller; 25-05-2019 at 11:29 PM.

Not all ****agers are like that.
    Mine aren’t.
    Think the parents have a responsibility to set the example.
    Agree with you though about people discarding the rubbish everywhere.
    Just lazy tossers.

Casual littering, dog fouling, fly tipping and senseless vandalism are rampant here now and the beauty of the Local Nature Reserve seems almost a challenge to the moronic to disfigure it. However, I'm not sure it's only ****agers at fault. People tend to be thoughtless and selfish. One guy I know in the village campaigned tirelessly to stop customers at the local pub smoking outside as the passive smoke was a danger to him. He extended his campaign to include vapour from electronic cigs. Yet when I mentioned the emmissions from his large diesel car might be a problem particularly as he lived right next to the local primary school he remarked; "f*ck 'em!"

Not all ****agers are litter louts mine weren't either. I take my 5 year old granson with me. But the litter in my park is I'd say 90% ****agers, chocolate wrappers crisp packets plastic pop bottles and takeaway cartons.

I think the majority of ****agers who are thinking about the planet are aged 16 to 19 all the other ****s have no clue what saving the planet is about lol.

Quote Originally Posted by wendun View Post
    Casual littering, dog fouling, fly tipping and senseless vandalism are rampant here now and the beauty of the Local Nature Reserve seems almost a challenge to the moronic to disfigure it. However, I'm not sure it's only ****agers at fault. People tend to be thoughtless and selfish. One guy I know in the village campaigned tirelessly to stop customers at the local pub smoking outside as the passive smoke was a danger to him. He extended his campaign to include vapour from electronic cigs. Yet when I mentioned the emmissions from his large diesel car might be a problem particularly as he lived right next to the local primary school he remarked; "f*ck 'em!"

Yep decent point monts. I suspect we are all guilty to some degree of knackering the planet up with our carbon footprint etc. Some are worse than others but some ****agers wastefulness and lack of care for the environment is no worse than a lot of people in saying that I am not condoning litter louts. The problem for environmentalists is that human beings probably won't twig there is a problem until its too late. People are more bothered about the here and now than the future and for those surviving from day to day like many, unfortunately, that is their priority even though they may know that they need to change their ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Stovicmiller View Post
    Not all ****agers are litter louts mine weren't either. I take my 5 year old granson with me. But the litter in my park is I'd say 90% ****agers, chocolate wrappers crisp packets plastic pop bottles and takeaway cartons.
    Yes that's correct and remember that the demographics of Rotherham has changed We have had an influx of cultures that doesn't see littering and dropping piles of junk as a problem.

As usual too much generalisation without facts. The truth is that litter louts are made up of all ages, genders, religions, cultures, football club affiliation, hair colour, political persuasion, ***ual orientation, leavers and remainers, achievers and non-achievers etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Yes that's correct and remember that the demographics of Rotherham has changed We have had an influx of cultures that doesn't see littering and dropping piles of junk as a problem.
    Grist, where I live there are no black faces, no mosques (thank God), several families can trace their ancestory back to 1066, the only East Europeans I encounter are two rather pleasant lads who deliver for Yodel and DHL and the dreaded travelling community now go to the nearest town where the Labour Council treats them as royalty - dismissing the constant criminality as a cultural oddity - and yet we still have the problems mentioned above. The culprits by and large - who are also fond of badger digging and dog fighting - are residents of our social housing estate but they are indisputably white British.

And no doubt proud of it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast