+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: I can't be arsed with next season thread...

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    That is reality.
    That is the realistic target that will be set for the league.
    Of course we'll try and overachieve that target.

Would you prefer he came out and said we are going to win the league, get out of the Europa League Groups stages this year and reach the champions league group stages next year?
    were also going to challenge in both cup finals, although McInnes will need to get a few million for players as we don;t yet have the strength in depth to target the quadruple.
    sakemin surely even you can't spin that!
    Even "hopefully we are third or better" would have been more acceptable but to not even entertain the possibility.
    Don't bother with your exams son you're thick.

That is reality.
    What's the point in 'trying to overachieve that' if it's not realistic?

That is reality.

Would you prefer he came out and said we are going to win the league, get out of the Europa League Groups stages this year and reach the champions league group stages next year?
    were also going to challenge in both cup finals, although McInnes will need to get a few million for players as we don;t yet have the strength in depth to target the quadruple.
    I would prefer that he came out with these comments before supporters started renewing their season tickets. Then they can make an informed choice whether this is the type of ethos that deserves their support both financially and the time they give up to follow the club...

That is reality.

Even if he thought third is what we're aiming for - why not just say something like - "hopefully we can be up there challenging at the top end of the league again next season" - why would he specify that the extent of his ambitions was 3rd? It's just a stupid thing to say. It's like saying before a game against Celtic "hopefully we won't get beat too heavily".

Aiming for the sky.

Where do I sign up for DNA and renew my season ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    As if by magic.
    Deary me.
    Speaks volumes Aldo

How do you attract ambitious, quality players with this kind of mentality? Having finished 2nd for a few years and been there or thereabouts in most competitions, we're now contacting players saying "We've got aspirations to have a great season and finish 3rd in the league - why don't you join us to help make this dream possible?"

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    Even if he thought third is what we're aiming for - why not just say something like - "hopefully we can be up there challenging at the top end of the league again next season" - why would he specify that the extent of his ambitions was 3rd? It's just a stupid thing to say. It's like saying before a game against Celtic "hopefully we won't get beat too heavily".
    I agree, poorly worded.
    I was merely pointing out the realistic target that would indicated we have achieved (not over, not under) where our expectations should be.
    Now just because we expect to be third (given our budget), thats not to say that we don;t strive to get the best possition possible.

Deary me.
    Speaks volumes Aldo
    You probably never won a goldfish at the shows.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    How do you attract ambitious, quality players with this kind of mentality? Having finished 2nd for a few years and been there or thereabouts in most competitions, we're now contacting players saying "We've got aspirations to have a great season and finish 3rd in the league - why don't you join us to help make this dream possible?"
    I don't think any player would be joining us expecting to win the league.
    We will be challenging for the cups and playing in Europe, so that is something that maybe is not achievable elsewhere on top of the wages they will be offered.

Page 12 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast