+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Retirement, aaarrghh!!

Retirement, aaarrghh!!

Well the barstewards finally caught up with me after 46 years. Forced into retirement after just days before my 72nd birthday. The writing has been on the wall for the last ten years though, less and less major projects each year, in fact last year I was only "on site" and revenue earning for 26% of the time, sat on my a$$ at home the rest of the time! Well, down the pool or visiting the UK to be honest. Still not a bad run, been paid to travel all over the world, great food and wine, met some wonderful people.

Problem is WTF do I do now?

All the best in your retirement Woody. Hopefully your numerous interests will take up most of your time. To work just before your 72nd birthday is good going. Just try and keep active.

Well done Woody and sound advice from Gav... just enjoy yourself sounds like you’ve earned it!

Cheers boys. Will do me best!!

I beat you Woody, I worked until age 73 and a bit. You will wonder how you ever had time to work. You don't half miss the money though!

Very best wishes for your retirement, Woody. I'm still going (67 this year), but self-employed and doing only a few days per month. If you REALLY want to keep going, have you considered self-employed consultancy?

In theory I am still "on call" with my previous employer and will be offered projects as they arise. But the truth is the nature of the work has changed and unless the location is somewhere I really fancy I will not be that interested.

Congrats, you'll get used to it. Wish I were there myself.

My new office! The lap lane at the local pool. I do between 50-60 laps a day, at 10 Calories a lap that works out at about a steak dinner and a glass of wine burnt off. Although I stopped drinking alcohol [temporarily] around 5 months ago so the wine is out anyway. Managed to drop 10 Lbs and I don't need my blood pressure tablets anymore.

The is the closest I have been to healthy in my life. Bloody boring innit!!

Attachment 12888
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by WOODLANDSWOLF; 07-06-2019 at 11:21 PM.

Well done Woodie. Thanks to a really bad cough, my appetite has fallen away and I've lost 1 stone. Still taking the tablets (BP) though !!

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)