+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Transfer speculation

He will be playing next season. Almost like a brand new signing. He's got and ready. I think he's useful.

The more I actually think about it, if Samuel came back in the same shape & form as he was at the start of last season, I do wonder if we will actually spend £5m on Gallagher? That's alot and I'm starting to think we will only spend what we get in. We have Brereton, Graham, Samuel & Nuttall all vying for effectively one spot.

Let's hope so! Lots of kids coming through too

Totally agree,only problem we lack that forward who can hold the ball up
    Graham does it so well but only for about 65 minutes these days.
    We are very blessed in the forward department but not specifically a player who can do this.
    On another note Stewart downing please no.

Certain clubs like us who are really up against it with such a tight budget in a competitive market are put at such a huge disadvantage this season, because the window shuts after the 1st or 2nd game. Really early. So we will have no actual idea if Samuel (eg) will be ok, in form or if we need to replace him? What will be hard to assess is who goes out on loan? Nuttall? Guys like him, he could clog things up a bit by being here. But we may need him?
    We surley must be looking at starting Brereton in games aswell now. He's had a full season to bed in. And it's interesting what will happen. Graham needs to be coming on around the 60/70 min mark. Young Ben needs to be starting now, if he's ever going to kick on. If he's still struggling, we must consider sending him on loan to try get some confidence up. Ok, we may not have paid £7m up front, but we could do with seeing what he can do, for a sustained period. He must be starting games from the beginning of next season. If we get this young lad from Everton, I think we will move Nuttall out altogether.

Also ....Kieran Westwood is being released by Sheff Wed. I think we should get him in, and let Leutwiler go. He would push Raya for that number 1 spot. We need 2 decent keepers. I've been a little harsh on Raya, ultimately he is very young and still learning his trade. I'm such a speciased position. Where it's generally in their late 20's....30's when they peak. The lad does need healthy competition though.

Northern Echo says Rovers are interested in Dylan McGeouch, midfielder at Sunderland
    We are short of midfielders!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)