+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 53 of 64 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast

Thread: Europa League 2019-20 campaign

Quote Originally Posted by kkong View Post
    AEK Larnaca (CYP) or Gent (BEL)

Away first on 22 August.

Happy with that draw.
    As good as we could’ve hoped. Makes the Mckenna thing even more galling.

Sevco jammy as f’uck again I note. Beginning to wonder about heated balls in Nyon...

The referee for the Rijeka game is a card happy Spaniard apparently - oh great - we'll not be allowed to tackle.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    The referee for the Rijeka game is a card happy Spaniard apparently - oh great - we'll not be allowed to tackle.
    On that note, are yellow cards accumulated from qualifying rounds 1-3 wiped for Q4?

Quote Originally Posted by LED View Post
    On that note, are yellow cards accumulated from qualifying rounds 1-3 wiped for Q4?
    Nope booking not wiped until the group stage.

3 bookings in 3 different matches results in a 1 game suspension.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Moog View Post

Sevco jammy as f’uck again I note. Beginning to wonder about heated balls in Nyon...
    I wouldn't get too hung up on sevco. Midtjylland and Legia Warsaw at face value are pretty much on a par with Rijeka and Gent. We both avoided the really big seeds in both rounds

Quote Originally Posted by medw1311 View Post
    Nope booking not wiped until the group stage.

3 bookings in 3 different matches results in a 1 game suspension.
    Cosgrove, Campbell, Logan, Taylor and Ojo all have 1 yellow each.

They won 3-1 against the 2nd bottom side on Saturday, their keeper didn't look too clever but Colak looks dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Moog View Post

I’ve been a fan of The Buffalo for a few years now. Have visited the Ghelamco and been to the city many times. Fantastic people, fantastic place. Just a cracking place to grab a beer and have a night out. As a team, they’re not quite the powerhouse they were about 3 years ago, mainly as they too are a selling club. If memory serves though they got a combined 18M for the sale of their midfielder and goalkeeper 2 seasons ago which highlights the disparity between our finances. They’re actually a pretty good model for the aspirations of Aberdeen.

They moved from the clubs spiritual home to a new stadium and it transformed their fortunes. They invested wisely and claimed the title in 14/15. First time in their history. It’s a pretty fantastic story. My mates over there all know about Aberdeen. One of closest mates is a season ticket holder with his sons (as everybody over there is it seems) and he’s been over to watch Aberdeen a few times when i’ve Travelled home for work. He knows what we’re all about. i hope both teams progress for the spectacle, but in truth we should be outmatched by them. They’ll not take us lightly by any means. It would be huge to beat them. Assuming they don’t wilt in the Cypriot heat and we don’t do they same in Croatia.

Quote Originally Posted by NewOrleansRed View Post
    I’ve been a fan of The Buffalo for a few years now. Have visited the Ghelamco and been to the city many times. Fantastic people, fantastic place. Just a cracking place to grab a beer and have a night out. As a team, they’re not quite the powerhouse they were about 3 years ago, mainly as they too are a selling club. If memory serves though they got a combined 18M for the sale of their midfielder and goalkeeper 2 seasons ago which highlights the disparity between our finances. They’re actually a pretty good model for the aspirations of Aberdeen.

They moved from the clubs spiritual home to a new stadium and it transformed their fortunes. They invested wisely and claimed the title in 14/15. First time in their history. It’s a pretty fantastic story. My mates over there all know about Aberdeen. One of closest mates is a season ticket holder with his sons (as everybody over there is it seems) and he’s been over to watch Aberdeen a few times when i’ve Travelled home for work. He knows what we’re all about. i hope both teams progress for the spectacle, but in truth we should be outmatched by them. They’ll not take us lightly by any means. It would be huge to beat them. Assuming they don’t wilt in the Cypriot heat and we don’t do they same in Croatia.
    Good insight that. I guess that's why we have been so interested in their stadium move and fortunes. Would be a great away day should we both make it through.

Away leg v Rijeka will be shown on Premier Sports 18:55
    Last edited by supersneak; 06-08-2019 at 10:35 AM.

Page 53 of 64 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast