+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 46 of 64 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast

Thread: Europa League 2019-20 campaign

Just replace " Lucky " with " Fortunate " then , if it bothers you that much. Out and Over.[/QUOTE]

🧠less.

Quote Originally Posted by Shetland Don View Post
    Just replace " Lucky " with " Fortunate " then , if it bothers you that much. Out and Over.
    🧠less.[/QUOTE]

That`s it, you`re on the list now !!

Quote Originally Posted by BogBrush1903 View Post
    I was there when we beat them 3-0 in that beautiful old stadium. While the rest of the Aberdeen fans were herded like sheep down to the ground, we took a taxi and got dropped off at the top of cliff face and it was some view looking down.

We won't will 3-0 again and it will be played in the generic stadium so I won't bother this time.

It is an anti-climax of a draw. I suppose it's better than the big guns but it has air of familiarity about it that you wouldn't normally associate with European fixtures

Agree with this. The memory the setting and the outcome last time will just need to remain as I don't have the time off for this one, should we progress past this ever underrated looking Georgian opposition.

As for the match - it was torrid for the first 20 minutes, and they missed two very good chances - then suddenly after the water break, everything went for us and it became a classic away European performance, with Goodwillie of all players a stand out.

Rijeka got a good goal followed by a huge deflected stroke of luck at Pittodrie in the second leg to go 2-0 up and cause heart palpitations the length of the South Stand...........but in fairness, we dug ourselves out of that hole very well.

It is a dull draw though considering there are over 50 nations in Europe and many places yet to be discovered.............bizarrely we have never drawn French opposition in all our history of European football.

Quote Originally Posted by BogBrush1903 View Post
    I was there when we beat them 3-0 in that beautiful old stadium. While the rest of the Aberdeen fans were herded like sheep down to the ground, we took a taxi and got dropped off at the top of cliff face and it was some view looking down.
    We did the same, taxi, walked down and had a pre-match beer on the beach with the Rijeka fans.

DM red tv interview he says we don't have to win the first leg but as long as were still in the tie come the 2nd leg ? Anyone think that' stinks?

Only acceptable if it's a score draw but that's a shocking attitude.
    The target should be win every game with a clean sheet.

It's the right thing to say to avoid press hype. It's not necessarily what he tells his players.

With the joint highest win in QR2 the Dons will be in Monday's play off round draw

The 5-0 win shared with:

Tre Penne 0 - Sudova 5 and
    Sudova 5 - Tre Penne 0

Here's who us or Rijeka will be drawn against:

PSV Eindhoven or Haugesund
    Sparta Praha or Trabzonspor
    Viktoria Plzen or Royal Antwerp
    Sporting Braga or Brondby
    Gent or AEK Larnaca
    Legia Warszawa or Atromitos
    Eintracht Frankfurt or Vaduz
    FCSB or Mlada Boleslav
    Feyenoord or Dinamo Tbilisi
    Espanyol or Luzern
    Malmo or Zrinjski
    Partizan Belgrade or Yeni Malatyaspor
    Wolverhampton Wanderers or Pyunik

Do we find out today the three sub groups for Monday’s draw?

All three Hungarian teams went out last night, so that's my hopes for the Dons playing there scuppered for another year.

I suppose I could make it up to Prague if necessary.

Page 46 of 64 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast