+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Five years on...

Quote Originally Posted by wrinkly View Post
    Wow! small world. He may not remember me as I went to Maltby after junior school but you never know - after all I remembered him.
    After another free drink wrinkles.

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Omg brin. You just come back from benidorm. Is this the same place you spoke to the unhappy miller's player?
    Geez maybe kempoo was right. TS only pays in peanuts 🥜
    Cayton, no pal the player was met and spoken to in *****. Still 100% stand by what was discussed. He spoke the truth and I've great respect for him saying how the 'team' felt affected by no recruitment in January.

Wow! small world. He may not remember me as I went to Maltby after junior school but you never know - after all I remembered him.
    Wrinkly, if you're of an age with this Ken Moore chap and you went to Maltby, you'll be a contemporary of some of my chums that went there from Listerdale. (I moved south shortly before the 11+ but would have gone there had I stayed.)

Wrinkly, you're right he is 67. It is the very same person. Can I put you in touch with him if he wishes to do so?

Wrinkly, meet up with kenny, take mexbro mauler wi thi and find out who this player is whos been slagging our club off, kenny may not be as professional as brin.

Quote Originally Posted by Archiemiller View Post
    Wrinkly, meet up with kenny, take mexbro mauler wi thi and find out who this player is whos been slagging our club off, kenny may not be as professional as brin.
    Ken doesn't know as with him being a Blade, he's not been made aware of the situation and for all intentions, I doubt he's interested seeing how is attention is looking forward to seeing the likes as Man City, Liverpool, Chelsea et al visiting his ground next season.

Archie, stop pressing pal I won't reveal who it is......

Great read that CT Miller.

The isolation resonates with me even though I am only 45 miles down the M1.

No one around me follows the Millers. My wife isn’t interested in sport so results have to be handled in privacy, good or bad.

What is great about this board is hearing from like minded people who love our little club. Any one can jump on the bandwagon and support the so called bigger teams but posts like yours CT typify that wherever you are in the world that once a Miller always a Miller.
    You can never convince anyone not as interested why this is but it is. It is in the blood. The fans are the lifeblood of the club and follow them no matter what. Players come and go but this our club.

I can watch other games and sure I like a number of clubs but the buzz you get from watching your own team, well it’s a feeling all of its own.

So thank you every one on here. For people living away it’s a great way to keep in touch with all things Rotherham and long may it continue.

Excellent read CT. It's quite painful sometimes being so far away. Wherever Missus Sota and I travel and take photos, I always say it would be a better picture if NYS was in the background lol

Thanks all for your great comments. I was touched by the extent to which there was a common response from near and far. (Brin, your story was amazing!)

When it comes to RUFC, wherever we are in the world, we stand together...
    Last edited by CTMilller; 27-05-2019 at 06:28 AM.

Why did I speed up readin the secod to last paragraph?

WHat a day that was!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast