+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Qatar interest

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Ah,Qatar,the country that pays its workers £1.83 a hour on the World Cup stadiums.. So that will put your players on contracts of a few squid a week..

A bit like Burnley then only hotter and no world cup stadiums.

No doubt Radz has done a lot of good for the club but the question you have to ask is can he really take us to the next level?
    He has already stated we are in for a difficult summer (we are either skint or he's boxing clever) and here is an opportunity to get some serious investment and he does not seem interested.

Never a dull moment at LUFC.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post
    No doubt Radz has done a lot of good for the club but the question you have to ask is can he really take us to the next level?
    He has already stated we are in for a difficult summer (we are either skint or he's boxing clever) and here is an opportunity to get some serious investment and he does not seem interested.

Never a dull moment at LUFC.
    Could be the old poker face routine, potential suitors have not offered him enough dosh yet?

We need this like we need a hole in the head. More speculation (and yes, maybe click bait), but nothing of substance and nothing that gives either Bielsa or the current squad the necessary certainty regarding preparation for the new season (which is around 14 weeks away!), and all the churn that has plagued us over seasons going back over a decade.

Radrizzani may have done good things, the best thing he MUST do now is either to t publicly announce that whoever comes along, with whatever pot of money, (if they exist) to f00k off, or sell up PDQ and count his profits (which would be considerable) on his Leeds investment. Either way, delay is not in the best interests of either the owner or Lees United.

Can’t see this happening too soon. If we get any sniff of the dizzy heights of the ga’zillions kicking about it will only happen once we are in the top tier. Like anything in this between seasons.......I will believe it when it happens. The stories are entertaining enough though!

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    We need this like we need a hole in the head. More speculation (and yes, maybe click bait), but nothing of substance and nothing that gives either Bielsa or the current squad the necessary certainty regarding preparation for the new season (which is around 14 weeks away!), and all the churn that has plagued us over seasons going back over a decade.

Radrizzani may have done good things, the best thing he MUST do now is either to t publicly announce that whoever comes along, with whatever pot of money, (if they exist) to f00k off, or sell up PDQ and count his profits (which would be considerable) on his Leeds investment. Either way, delay is not in the best interests of either the owner or Lees United.
    I agree that Radrizzani needs to make an official announcement. The fact that an official statement is not forthcoming is suspicious.
    I do have a related question. If Qatari group were to make a play for Any English team, wouldnt there be a serious conflict of interest issue as they already own a potential rival club in PSG? Can anyone clarify this for me?

The only issue I can think of is that the Champions League does not allow two clubs with the same owner to participate at the same time, that is why Roman Abramovich had to ditch CSKA Moscow (I think).

Quote Originally Posted by cress View Post
    Appearantly the guy who wants to invest has strong connections to PSG. Really, the last thing I want is to be affiliated in any way with them. I don't give a **** how much money he can bring, get the hell away of our club.
    100% agree

Quote Originally Posted by norfolk white View Post
    Do I hate man city for having super rich owners, buying any player they want, buying the title, buying the cups? Do I find it immoral, unfair to everyone else?....yes I do, absolutely hate it.....do I want super rich owners at leeds and do exactly the same?....to right I do, am I a hypocrite, yes, shame on me.
    👍

I'd have no problem with us having billions providing we stayed with our policy of developing our own. Our issue has been us producing excellent youth players but never signing the quality needed to complement that. Imagine our youth with actual quality players bought to support them....that is what big money could do for us.

That said it won't be happening. I like Radrizzani and what he is doing with the club, I thin he gives it another year and if we dont go up this kind of interest would be acted upon. Though I'd love him to give up say 10% just to get them with a foot in the door.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)