Get your very own personalised The Gelderd End gifts!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 45

Thread: Qatar interest

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,073

    Qatar interest

    Blimey. According to the Financial Times the country wants to buy us.

  2. #2
    no thanks.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2,662
    Well we have been rinsed for years by a number of chancers. Although less obvious i include the current owner.
    At least Qatar owners wouldnt need to rob the club and do everything on the cheap.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Posts
    926
    Do I hate man city for having super rich owners, buying any player they want, buying the title, buying the cups? Do I find it immoral, unfair to everyone else?....yes I do, absolutely hate it.....do I want super rich owners at leeds and do exactly the same?....to right I do, am I a hypocrite, yes, shame on me.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,258
    It would make it all a bit easier I suppose.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    566
    Appearantly the guy who wants to invest has strong connections to PSG. Really, the last thing I want is to be affiliated in any way with them. I don't give a **** how much money he can bring, get the hell away of our club.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2,912
    unlikely to happen I'd have thought, usual season down time media struggle for news.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,258
    You just have to hope it either gets done or they feck off. We don't need the long dragged out uncertainty leading into the new season.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    9,137
    Quote Originally Posted by lasher View Post
    Well we have been rinsed for years by a number of chancers. Although less obvious i include the current owner.
    At least Qatar owners wouldnt need to rob the club and do everything on the cheap.
    Agree lash..100% mate.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    270
    Why is everyone worried? They want the club, owner wants to give away minimal shares so we will be as is next season talking how the hell we stuffed up the season and what we need for the following season which will never happen bla bla bla.
    To be quite frank we are best suited in the championship as what are we going to achive in the premier. Only way we can survive is by some rich owners like them who will splash anything and bring some top players.
    I love the championship as it is a more traditional football league where Englishman get to play the game.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    847
    We could let them buy 20-30 millions of shares. Then their sister company could buy the stadium for 500 million and another one could then sponsor the stadium for 500 million.

    All allowed by FFP rules as proven by Derby and other clubs 😜

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    9,137
    Quote Originally Posted by LeedsFTW View Post
    We could let them buy 20-30 millions of shares. Then their sister company could buy the stadium for 500 million and another one could then sponsor the stadium for 500 million.

    All allowed by FFP rules as proven by Derby and other clubs ��
    Yes..lets do it!

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2,662
    I understand people see it as selling our soul but unfortunately football as changed and all at the wrong time for LUFC. I could see it all imploding but doubt it will be in my lifetime. Maybe its changed forever.
    It is unfair. It has ruined it. I hate it. BUT thats how it is and i would rather we take part in this horrible money dominant era than miss out.
    I wonder why nobody wants to buy us. Why are we rinsed by dodgy owners lining their own pockets all the time. ALL competitors are rich compared to us or at least spend big. I remember Ridsdale and what happened quite clearly.
    BUT now we apparently have THE people with the money that is never ending. I hope Radz sells up as he is skint and i dont see how he wont make a handsome profit for himself, he is a businessman wanting to make money.
    I think its the least dangerous version of being able to compete at the top table asap.
    Secondary matters such as regeneration of the ground and surrounding areas are also good and highly likely.
    Thanks Radz but please sell up.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    463
    If this lot have pots of cash fk it lets have some of it i have no problem with city they are a great team to watch i want some of that we fkin deserve it after years of this fkin **** From that **** from forest green to fkin Bamford fk off tory boy bring on Mbappe 😂😂

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2,662
    Had we not imploded under Ridsdale we would have had loads of cash via Sky anyway. Not as much as the arabs have but a different world to all we have known for far too long. Theres every chance we would have been taken over long ago had we been Premier league.
    Why do i get the feeling nothing will happen and we will continue being a laughing stock for everyone whenever anything happens to us !? I hope this is our new beginning and we will always be Leeds United.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    463
    Quote Originally Posted by lasher View Post
    Had we not imploded under Ridsdale we would have had loads of cash via Sky anyway. Not as much as the arabs have but a different world to all we have known for far too long. Theres every chance we would have been taken over long ago had we been Premier league.
    Why do i get the feeling nothing will happen and we will continue being a laughing stock for everyone whenever anything happens to us !? I hope this is our new beginning and we will always be Leeds United.
    Knowing our luck the fkin oil will dry up

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2,662
    Quote Originally Posted by klix View Post
    Knowing our luck the fkin oil will dry up
    Lol

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    33,380
    Ah,Qatar,the country that pays its workers 1.83 a hour on the World Cup stadiums.. So that will put your players on contracts of a few squid a week..

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    463
    Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Ah,Qatar,the country that pays its workers 1.83 a hour on the World Cup stadiums.. So that will put your players on contracts of a few squid a week..
    If they pay the workers 1.83 per hour thats great more money for our top striker

  20. #20
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,077
    Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Ah,Qatar,the country that pays its workers 1.83 a hour on the World Cup stadiums.. So that will put your players on contracts of a few squid a week..
    Have they been given a massive wage increase? 82p an hour was being reported recently.

    Blimey might be worth venturing over: cheap petrol, sunshine, tax free, camel steaks...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •