Get your very own personalised The Red Lion gifts!
Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: Summers fun guide for those that want a new hobby

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    15,683

    Summers fun guide for those that want a new hobby

    Name:  cyclist.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  33.0 KB

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    3,278
    Gaz....you have just sunk a couple of thousand meters in my estime!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    754
    That dildo seat on that bike must be heaven to the homosexual cyclist

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    33,373
    Gaz rides a bike ..

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    15,683
    I have two wheels x 2

    Sorry if I offend

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    3,278
    Morning Gaz...just for info the Tour de France starts on the 6th of July and finishes on the 28th. Three fabulous weeks of real sport where the main qualities of those who take part are courage, solidarity and self sacrifice. Enjoy!

  7. #7
    Sorry for spelling . Tried editing but wouldn't let me

  8. #8
    Don't know what happened to my original post.
    I'm back on the bike now training for the london/Surrey 100 not rode for ages with looking after my Mrs. Now her funeral is out of way and my head's somewhere near it should be I'm back on it. Wish me luck lol. Im riding for children with cancer although I don't have to ride for a charity has I got a place through the ballot .

    Once again thanks to you all for your kind words before 👍

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    5,600
    Quote Originally Posted by frenchlion View Post
    Morning Gaz...just for info the Tour de France starts on the 6th of July and finishes on the 28th. Three fabulous weeks of real sport where the main qualities of those who take part are courage, solidarity and self sacrifice. Enjoy!
    Frenchie I find it difficult to see Road Racing as a sport unlike riding in the velodrome. They cycle hundreds of mile and yet the time difference at the end is only one minute or so! Then you have the best riders in teams who cycle to help them win.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    754
    Our daughter just had her bike stabilisers taken off so will be soon riding the tour de Hampshire.
    Be very afraid !

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    33,373
    Quote Originally Posted by donny tyke View Post
    Don't know what happened to my original post.
    I'm back on the bike now training for the london/Surrey 100 not rode for ages with looking after my Mrs. Now her funeral is out of way and my head's somewhere near it should be I'm back on it. Wish me luck lol. Im riding for children with cancer although I don't have to ride for a charity has I got a place through the ballot .

    Once again thanks to you all for your kind words before 
    Good luck Donny,hope you have a great ride for a great cause mate..

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Good luck Donny,hope you have a great ride for a great cause mate..
    If I wore a hat I would tip it to you alf my old freind

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    1,204
    1. Why are cyclists always so angry?

    2. Why do cyclists insist on stopping 2-3 abreast at red traffic lights so nobody can get past

    3. Why don't the feckers use cycle lanes instead of hogging up the road that's for vechicles?

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    3,278
    Quote Originally Posted by cocopops61 View Post
    1. Why are cyclists always so angry?

    2. Why do cyclists insist on stopping 2-3 abreast at red traffic lights so nobody can get past

    3. Why don't the feckers use cycle lanes instead of hogging up the road that's for vechicles?
    Coco: There are cyclists and there are...’....Cyclists!
    I very rarely use my bikes as a means of transport and never cycle in built up areas, they are exclusively used to go out riding on secondary country roads where cars are very few and far between I have the good fortune to live in the outer suburbs of the Paris region surrounded by forests and fields.....so you will never see me as an angry cyclist!
    As for the traffic lights.....no problem....there aren’t any where I train!
    I agree about the cycle lanes. They should be used whenever they are available.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    754
    I actually have respect for proper cyclists who race through countryside on organised events.
    But it is the urban selfish cyclists who give cyclists a bad name.
    As chalky says they hog the roads when there is available cycle lanes and they ignore red lights and cycle on pedestrian pathways causing pedestrians to walk into the road.
    They refuse to display cycle lights which only cost about a tenner.
    The urban cyclist is a pest !

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    33,373
    I cycle on pedestrian pathways Tricky,but always stop to let pedestrians by,also cyclists should have a bell on their bikes as I always have done.. I hate it when one arrives behind you and hasn't given you any warning but expects you to get out of his way.. Grrr

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    15,683
    Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    I cycle on pedestrian pathways Tricky,but always stop to let pedestrians by
    Jeez you need to cycle quicker than a walking pace Alfie

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    33,373
    Quote Originally Posted by gaz1959 View Post
    Jeez you need to cycle quicker than a walking pace Alfie
    Why? , I've all day to get where I'm going Gaz..

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •