+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: How does a consortium work....

How does a consortium work....

...In terms of ownership.

It’s a phrase you see a lot in terms of football club ownership and takeovers but how does it work in terms of outright ownership...using Notts as an example?

We are rumoured to be in the process of being taken over by a South African consortium with a chairman (of their choice or part of the consortium?) running the club, but who stumps up the cash?

Does the chairman also put put money into the club or just advise the consortium, and then spend their cash diligently?

Got a bit tongue tied trying to write that, hope it makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    ...In terms of ownership.

It’s a phrase you see a lot in terms of football club ownership and takeovers but how does it work in terms of outright ownership...using Notts as an example?

We are rumoured to be in the process of being taken over by a South African consortium with a chairman (of their choice or part of the consortium?) running the club, but who stumps up the cash?

Does the chairman also put put money into the club or just advise the consortium, and then spend their cash diligently?

Got a bit tongue tied trying to write that, hope it makes sense.
    A consortium. Well, Elite, sid , driller and Big Nige are a perfect example.

That's an excellent question with no definitive answer. Hopefully more detail soon!

A consortium is a group of people who sit together, drink tea and hum.

Chairman runs the footy side. Could be part of the consortium, or possibly just a wage paid waller. Consortium develop Riverside, make mucho wad, put some into local footy club to curry favour with locals and local cownsil. In a way it sounds a little coerced, on their part. Only doing it to get their hands on the ML lease but in my mind it's far more of a symbiotic relationship than some poor 4ker putting his hand in his pocket, week in week out for nowt. Lotta posh words there, will ev to watch that.

This is my ideal of a football ownership consortium
    it’s a bunch of wealthy business friends, all who love football , and want to have some fun. By sticking circa 250k- 400k a year in each it becomes a bit of fun. Not unsustainably draining there personal wealths ,and by having a light hearted view to it ,it becomes a great place to be around , and provides a model for all lower league teams.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    That's an excellent question with no definitive answer. Hopefully more detail soon!
    Really? I thought I provided a definitive answer.

I suspect that this consortium has worked together previously, which would help in terms of an agreed, co-ordinated approach, but we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    I suspect that this consortium has worked together previously, which would help in terms of an agreed, co-ordinated approach, but we'll see.
    Only 2 lines jackal? Sorry, got it on me before Swale gives me 9's for liking thick cream.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    Only 2 lines jackal? Sorry, got it on me before Swale gives me 9's for liking thick cream.
    It's the off-season so I'm chilling!

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    It's the off-season so I'm chilling!
    I love and miss your posts jackal. Short or occasionally long.
    Last edited by navypie; 26-05-2019 at 05:53 PM.