+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: English Football League: Clubs 'reliant on owners', says EFL chief

Hello kerr, what happened? One minute you were here and now you've not replied.....

You may have had something to deal with so I'll await your reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Good evening Kerr. Looking at the points you raise, you do have to question who, in our case, actually stoked the fire of expectations when they tell all the media they had a 6 year plan to be in the Premiership.

Fast forward how recruitment failed for whatever reason this January, and then ask your self why fans actually do contest and protest at none recruitment to stabilise our Championship status and alas, see us relegated yet again.
    I have a life beyond this board, Brin. I also had my tea to eat.

Do you have a link for the 6 year plan comment? I have had a quick look, but can’t find it. I’d be interested to see its exact terms.

I don’t do Tony Stewart’s PR and don’t know who does, but I don’t think it is one of his strong suits. That doesn’t mean that supporters have to suspend all sense of reason and critical thinking though. Take a look at the clubs involved in Championship promotion this season and the resources available to them. The rights to the name ‘Aston Villa’ alone will be worth many times more times than the whole Rotherham United set up, including NYS.

In addition I think a lot of supporters don’t need a much help in developing their expectations.

In respect of January recruitment, we know that the club told supporters that there would be recruitment and it would appear from your unnamed player that the playing staff were told it too. With that being the case, I personally think it fair to assume that more recruitment was, in fact, planned. If it wasn’t what was the point of telling us? I think we all noticed when only Crooks came in (I say ‘only’ in a numerical sense only - I think he looks a decent addition). We don’t know why it didn’t happen. I would simply observe that Rotherham would not have been an easy club to recruit into in January. It isn’t a big name or glamorous club and was in the thick of a relegation battle.

Sure, the club could have ‘done a Blackstock’ in January and thrown money at the problem. It might have worked, or it might not have (it didn’t for Ipswich). As it is, the club has been relegated in good order and I would be disappointed if we are not at least challenging for promotion next season.

Tony Stewart’s money plays a very significant part in keeping the club running. Personally, I think that could receive a greater level of acknowledgement within some of the postings on this site.
    Last edited by KerrAvon; 26-05-2019 at 08:49 PM. Reason: missing 'd'

Thank you Kerr for your reply. I did post 'You may have had something to deal with so I'll await your reply', I did not want to sound pushy.

Before I go on to your reply, your username of Kerr, does that refer to the yellow bound Kerr Kerr law book?

Your reply as always, is in eloquent form and makes the most absolute sense from every angle. The 6 year plan was freely available in the Rotherham Advertsier for all to see. I cannot, unfortunately, find it but it is widely known about 'Tony' spouting this silly dream.

Nothing wrong with dreaming, but, you state those facts and you live by what you say.

As for the Blackstock scenario, god forbid no one not even Mr Stewart is duped like that again. I firmly believe that the player in question was very open and candid in his thoughts, it isn't every day you meet a player we like who represents our shirt and club openly stated the current 'under feeling' amongst the playing staff. Is this the possibility of a mass exodus and no one likes the nice nice false promise approach anymore?

Isn’t the name a fictitious character from the old sci-fi series Blake’s 7?

Brin.
    You assume what the player has said as the truth.
    Maybe he was lying ?

Thank you Kerr for your reply. I did post 'You may have had something to deal with so I'll await your reply', I did not want to sound pushy.

Before I go on to your reply, your username of Kerr, does that refer to the yellow bound Kerr Kerr law book?

Your reply as always, is in eloquent form and makes the most absolute sense from every angle. The 6 year plan was freely available in the Rotherham Advertsier for all to see. I cannot, unfortunately, find it but it is widely known about 'Tony' spouting this silly dream.

Nothing wrong with dreaming, but, you state those facts and you live by what you say.

As for the Blackstock scenario, god forbid no one not even Mr Stewart is duped like that again. I firmly believe that the player in question was very open and candid in his thoughts, it isn't every day you meet a player we like who represents our shirt and club openly stated the current 'under feeling' amongst the playing staff. Is this the possibility of a mass exodus and no one likes the nice nice false promise approach anymore?
    Stop there a moment, Brin. Isn't it worrying that The 6 year plan was freely available in the Rotherham Advertiser for all to see, but you can't find it? I never saw it and I can't find it either. Are you sure that it isn't an urban myth? And if it is a silly dream, why did some supporters apparently buy into it?

I don’t buy into ‘false promise’. The January recruitment did not meet the expectations that many of us held, but 'false promise' suggests dishonesty. I prefer not to believe that. I think it more likely that the club and its manager and owner were just as frustrated and disappointed as you and me. We'll doubtless see if there is a mass exodus.

Kerr and Kerr – there’s a blast from the past - haven’t seen a copy in years.

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    Stop there a moment, Brin. Isn't it worrying that The 6 year plan was freely available in the Rotherham Advertiser for all to see, but you can't find it? I never saw it and I can't find it either. Are you sure that it isn't an urban myth? And if it is a silly dream, why did some supporters apparently buy into it?

I don’t buy into ‘false promise’. The January recruitment did not meet the expectations that many of us held, but 'false promise' suggests dishonesty. I prefer not to believe that. I think it more likely that the club and its manager and owner were just as frustrated and disappointed as you and me. We'll doubtless see if there is a mass exodus.

Kerr and Kerr – there’s a blast from the past - haven’t seen a copy in years.
    Okay, I've not looked for it now I will just for you.

As for the Kerr Kerr, it's not on your work desk?

Kerr, Iv'e found you this for starters will this suffice for now? I know there's more so will dig further at your request...

'Rotherham chairman Tony Stewart: 'Reaching Premier League remains our target'
    By Daniel Lewis, Senior Reporter | 4y
    Rotherham United chairman Tony Stewart has targeted a place in the Premier League in the near future, less than 24 hours after seeing his side secure their spot in the Championship.

The Millers beat Reading 2-1 at the New York Stadium to condemn Millwall and Wigan Athletic to League One football next season.

Having avoided the drop, Stewart admits that preparations are already in full swing ahead of next season.

"This season has been a learning curve, we can take all that on board and it'll be managed so we can progress," he told Sky Sports News.

"The ambition is always to get into the Premier League and we, like 24 other clubs, will be trying to get to the top – automatic and into the playoffs and that's what will happen next season.
    Last edited by Brin; 26-05-2019 at 09:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Back of the net View Post
    Brin.
    You assume what the player has said as the truth.
    Maybe he was lying ?
    I think January speaks for itself!

Kerr, Iv'e found you this for starters will this suffice for now? I know there's more so will dig further at your request...

'Rotherham chairman Tony Stewart: 'Reaching Premier League remains our target'
    By Daniel Lewis, Senior Reporter | 4y
    Rotherham United chairman Tony Stewart has targeted a place in the Premier League in the near future, less than 24 hours after seeing his side secure their spot in the Championship.

The Millers beat Reading 2-1 at the New York Stadium to condemn Millwall and Wigan Athletic to League One football next season.

Having avoided the drop, Stewart admits that preparations are already in full swing ahead of next season.

"This season has been a learning curve, we can take all that on board and it'll be managed so we can progress," he told Sky Sports News.

"The ambition is always to get into the Premier League and we, like 24 other clubs, will be trying to get to the top – automatic and into the playoffs and that's what will happen next season.
    Brin , there isn't such a thing as a 6 year plan to get in to the PL for clubs of our size , it's impossible to do such a thing .

For sure clubs like ourselves , Blackpool , Bradford and Huddersfield who have tasted life at that level for a season or two it was just a case of the stars aligning at the right time , we all probably didn't have a plan between us .

Tony Stewart is a huge Rotherham fan and as such gets carried away from time to time , it's just that he's in the position he's in that make his words possibly more accountable , ST holder Joe from Kimberworth could come out with something equally spectacular in his local but I'm sure nobody would pick up on it several years later .
    Last edited by animallittle3; 26-05-2019 at 11:20 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast