+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking ahead positively

Very harsh to say we are a championship club tonight due to the CB's we didnt really do enough throughout the whole team not just the CB's. Connollys fault for goal but its a team game

how many clean sheets have we kept in the last 3 months or something with this Cb partnership? couldnt care if they have any composure tbh aslong as they can defend which in the main they can do!

Reynolds was poor again and his passing out of defence a joke, like Connolly he also didn't know how to play the donkey Cooke which I found amazing as he is garbage. They both struggled v Jordan White in the ICT games to, so doesn't bode well for next season as high balls will be pumped in time and again by most teams.
    Reynolds has to improve as we need his experience moving forward but Connolly is a no for me a total bombscare...not any better than Frans.
    Re defence a new left back is a priority.....Booth poor and Robson only good enough for the bench imo

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    I have been involved in football for over 50 years and if we keep the same partnership in central defence and our manager who i originally backed persists with his negative tactics we will still be a Championship club at the end of next season.
    We've conceded just 2 goals in the last 7 games, the defence isn't the problem IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by darrenshedtastic View Post
    Very harsh to say we are a championship club tonight due to the CB's we didnt really do enough throughout the whole team not just the CB's. Connollys fault for goal but its a team game

how many clean sheets have we kept in the last 3 months or something with this Cb partnership? couldnt care if they have any composure tbh aslong as they can defend which in the main they can do!
    A display from Connolly that we saw today has been coming for a long time. Might have hidden it playing lower level teams, but im surprised he didnt cost us more.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    We've conceded just 2 goals in the last 7 games, the defence isn't the problem IMHO.
    I think its fair to say that Robbie has improved the defence. Whether it's good enough for next season is a debate all of its own. Terry is right it's not the defence that has cost us it's our inability to play cohesive football as a team that has cost us.
    Too many times our back 4 launch it long.
    When our midfield do get the ball they're panicked and wasteful. They either punt it long as well or end up losing possession. Our front players don't bring the midfield into play then make runs. Even if they did by and large our midfield aren't good enough to pick the right pass.
    There's no patience, no pattern to our play, no composure on the ball. I think it's pretty bleak as things stand and anyone saying this squad can be tweaked to win the championship is making a very bold prediction.
    Either the combination of 14 players can't play football or our coach is unable to get them playing football and no amount of look on the bright side threads can gloss over than imo

Im not saying i rate connolly cause i dont. im not a massive fan of him and he did cost us today with the equaliser but to pin the result and reason on why we didnt get up soley on the Cb's is very very harsh imo.

Generally they have been good since signing in Jan and are big improvements on what weve had previously.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    I have been involved in football for over 50 years and if we keep the same partnership in central defence and our manager who i originally backed persists with his negative tactics we will still be a Championship club at the end of next season. ST Mirren were a very poor side but their manager at least spent plenty of time on the training ground to teach them how to play out from the back.
    What the phuck has our manager done with our central defenders?,their distribution is the worst i have ever witnessed,the goal we conceded was the fault of both centre halves and both of them came close to scoring but were brilliantly thwarted by their own much maligned keeper,FACT.
    Have to agree with you Gunboat. Between the two of them today they gifted Saints the equaliser. One completely missed the chance to clear the ball and the other knocked it backwards right into the path of the onrushing striker.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Championship level, i agree with you. For the step up, see todays result.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdad View Post
    Have to agree with you Gunboat. Between the two of them today they gifted Saints the equaliser. One completely missed the chance to clear the ball and the other knocked it backwards right into the path of the onrushing striker.
    nothing about Safranco being non-existent or mcmullan doing nothing after all the hype? or Clark having Another poor game but getting away with it cause he scores pens?

Today was a team effort, we just werent good enough over the two legs. connolly to blame for the goal but its not just one player who decides the result. we still had over 100 mins to show we deserved to go up and we didnt! not just CB's fault

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    I would say for the first time in a long time we’ll be going into next season with a settled squad with only an extra signing or two reqd. In contrast to the Funsters, ICT and any other rivals.. Don’t worry guys next season we’ve got this.
    It just shows you how much of a difference their can be with two supporters from the same team.The substitution of Pawlett for Robson was a disgrace as the latter was one of our better players and the former had done nothing in the Play Offs and carried that on in Paisley.
    To suggest we need a wee tweak here and there makes me out to be a poor judge of a football player but unless God throws down a miracle on the Arabs there is nae chance of us going up with Connelly,Reynolds,Sow or Pawlett in the side so on one hand we need a wee tweak and on the other half a team is required.
    I know who is right but that is not important,i honestly just hope the people at the top of the club can see what i can.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)