+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking ahead positively

Is it still true that, since talking the manager's job, Robbie's team have gained the most points in the league ahead of any other team?

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    Dinnae pick on me! I didnt start picking on Connolly! Wouldnae anyway, hes bigger than my da!

Sure as hell agree with the others though.
    I wasn't having a go at you Chick! We conceded a bad goal today but it still ended 1-1.
    imo it wasnt the reason we're staying down, was all I've been trying to point out

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    I think its fair to say that Robbie has improved the defence. Whether it's good enough for next season is a debate all of its own. Terry is right it's not the defence that has cost us it's our inability to play cohesive football as a team that has cost us.
    Too many times our back 4 launch it long.
    When our midfield do get the ball they're panicked and wasteful. They either punt it long as well or end up losing possession. Our front players don't bring the midfield into play then make runs. Even if they did by and large our midfield aren't good enough to pick the right pass.
    There's no patience, no pattern to our play, no composure on the ball. I think it's pretty bleak as things stand and anyone saying this squad can be tweaked to win the championship is making a very bold prediction.
    Either the combination of 14 players can't play football or our coach is unable to get them playing football and no amount of look on the bright side threads can gloss over than imo
    Some reality at last!

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Is it still true that, since talking the manager's job, Robbie's team have gained the most points in the league ahead of any other team?
    Probably but RC took foot off pedal once league clinched. Performances have not been exciting nor attracted punters till playoffs. Needs to get the shackles off and go for these ****e teams in.league. Some awful wins and yes one more today would have done fine. We need to find a 25 goal serious striker next year. And about 7 more players. Today was pisspoor.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Is it true that we drew or lost games under Robbie which if won would have seen us win the Championship?

As I said in the op, not a thread for dwelling on today there is a thread for that, anyone thinking short term or who can't get passed today or this season that's upto you... Revel in your negativity and disappointment

Neilson is manager next season, the club is in a much better place than this time a year ago, we don't need a total rebuild just an augmentation, we have the chance to build properly and hit the ground running next season without any transition or turmoil on and off the park

Going up this season would have been a huge and unlikely bonus all this but it wasn't to be

I agree GB, but I increasingly don't give a ****: it doesn't matter what fans think and I have better things to do with my spare time and money.

That said, I see the green shoots of recovery but as an allotment holder I have real green shoots to look after...

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    I wasn't having a go at you Chick! We conceded a bad goal today but it still ended 1-1.
    imo it wasnt the reason we're staying down, was all I've been trying to point out
    I voiced my opinion elsewhere that i thought St Mirren did us up like kippers and played for the draw with an ace up their sleeve. Connelly sure as hell helped their cause by making his mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    As I said in the op, not a thread for dwelling on today there is a thread for that, anyone thinking short term or who can't get passed today or this season that's upto you... Revel in your negativity and disappointment

Neilson is manager next season, the club is in a much better place than this time a year ago, we don't need a total rebuild just an augmentation, we have the chance to build properly and hit the ground running next season without any transition or turmoil on and off the park

Going up this season would have been a huge and unlikely bonus all this but it wasn't to be
    'short term' - I wonder what you consider short term? 1 year, 2 years, 4, 10? There is a fine line between blind positivity and defeatism.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    It just shows you how much of a difference their can be with two supporters from the same team.The substitution of Pawlett for Robson was a disgrace as the latter was one of our better players and the former had done nothing in the Play Offs and carried that on in Paisley.
    To suggest we need a wee tweak here and there makes me out to be a poor judge of a football player but unless God throws down a miracle on the Arabs there is nae chance of us going up with Connelly,Reynolds,Sow or Pawlett in the side so on one hand we need a wee tweak and on the other half a team is required.
    I know who is right but that is not important,i honestly just hope the people at the top of the club can see what i can.
    Wow GB - with the tweaks I’m talking about being middle to front with Safranko defo gone. We’ve just played 400 minutes of play off football and conceded one goal. ONE goal. I’m not sure you could ask for more. I’m hopeful of seeing Bouhenna at the back more next season who may answer our ‘playing out from the back’ issues but contrary to your post, we have a core of a team there. Start to get behind them mate - the Snake is gone now.I know you’re a guid Arab - we need guys like you on board and committed.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)