+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking ahead positively

Have faith, the team will go away and comeback refreshed, everyone will more determined, we will have new faces in areas we need to improve, the remainder of the deadwood will be gone, in a few weeks time we will be the same, pumped to back the team, I know I'll have a genuine belief that I never had the last three years

The disappointment of today will clear , Frank and ttt talked about stability, Mike Martin did, we are about to get some going forward and will imo see us properly stamp our authority on the league, and not before time

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Have faith, the team will go away and comeback refreshed, everyone will more determined, we will have new faces in areas we need to improve, the remainder of the deadwood will be gone, in a few weeks time we will be the same, pumped to back the team, I know I'll have a genuine belief that I never had the last three years

The disappointment of today will clear , Frank and ttt talked about stability, Mike Martin did, we are about to get some going forward and will imo see us properly stamp our authority on the league, and not before time
    I think once the dust settles and everybody sees it in the cold light of day most will agree with this. Everyone is raw after today.

Tomorrow brings a new dawn, new season and new perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Folk are hurting tonight, it'll change in the coming weeks, I'm sure.

Aye, I think so too, however being positive about the obvious difference now compared to a year ago is not defeatist in anyway, this has increased the fire in me the way I believe it will for the manager and players once they come back after their break

Feel more enthusiastic now than I have since Jan 2015 about DUFC.

Good attitude shedka. Utterly gutted today as I felt there always a real buzz about the club and it was set for us to win butterly not.to be. Horrible game all round but I agree let's get a full season with Robbie and see what happens

We've conceded just 2 goals in the last 7 games, the defence isn't the problem IMHO.
    I think it IS the problem(particularly Connolly). It’s not that they’re conceding loads of goals it’s the fact that they bypass the midfield and just lump it forward about 80-90% of the time. It’s brutal to watch and usually ends up with the ball coming straight back. We desperately need a defender who can play a bit and is composed.

Any team that keeps giving away possession will be slaughtered in the top league. Fundee for example. We are still a work in progress and are not ready yet for promotion.
    No point in going up to be the whipping boys and coming straight back down again. Need further improvement not only to win the Championship but do so with a side capable of staying up.

Quote Originally Posted by japanarab View Post
    I think it IS the problem(particularly Connolly). It’s not that they’re conceding loads of goals it’s the fact that they bypass the midfield and just lump it forward about 80-90% of the time. It’s brutal to watch and usually ends up with the ball coming straight back. We desperately need a defender who can play a bit and is composed.
    This is an interesting one. When the ball gets played long there is criticism, when they do the opposite the is criticism.

I think, ultimately, it's about results. In that regard the defence is producing the results it should. However, the truth is we're both right as it's more nuanced than that.

Don't think any of the regular posters have called for Robbie to go.
    Not having a go at you Stoke as I see you as one of the better posters on here.
    But are you suggesting that being a regular poster makes your post more valid?

This is an interesting one. When the ball gets played long there is criticism, when they do the opposite the is criticism.

I think, ultimately, it's about results. In that regard the defence is producing the results it should. However, the truth is we're both right as it's more nuanced than that.

Thing is, Bouhenna can do what is being discussed, and it's not like Neilson hasn't played him with Reynolds, it's a combination I like, then Butcher got injured so it limited the ability to go with that

Either way there has been a big upturn in our cleansheet record since the window shut, we have had 9 since the start of Feb in 20 games (12w 4d 4l) , failing to score just twice

Quote Originally Posted by An old shed boy View Post
    Don't think any of the regular posters have called for Robbie to go.
    Not having a go at you Stoke as I see you as one of the better posters on here.
    But are you suggesting that being a regular poster makes your post more valid?
    No. I said regular poster because there was a thread started by a new poster titled get them all away which I wasn't sure was genuine. Maybe should have just missed the words regular poster out in hindsight.
    I assure you that I don't think the the opinion of someone who posts regularly carries any more weight than someone who posts occasionally.
    Arabest

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)