+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking ahead positively

I agree it was not solely the defences fault we failed.....other areas like midfield where we were lacking creativity.
    however I always remember when CL came in he started by making us sound in defence.....a solid base to work from.

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    Championship level, i agree with you. For the step up, see todays result.
    1-1 it was in 120 minutes. This focus solely on cb is a wee bit of a red herring surely

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    We've conceded just 2 goals in the last 7 games, the defence isn't the problem IMHO.
    You are phuckin kidding eh?.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    You are phuckin kidding eh?.
    We've got a crap midfield and a crap attack. We play crap football. The defence isn't great but it isn't the reason we're staying down GB

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    1-1 it was in 120 minutes. This focus solely on cb is a wee bit of a red herring surely
    Dinnae pick on me! I didnt start picking on Connolly! Wouldnae anyway, hes bigger than my da!

Sure as hell agree with the others though.

We were fkn honking all over the park today bar the goalkeeper. What a fkn time to have an absolute nightmare.

Agree that our centre halves aren't our immediate problem because it's plain to see we are 5hite all over the place.

Our forwards are weak as pi55, our midfield is fkn devoid of any creation and as a collective we can't make more than 5 passes together.

Gutted.

There has been wee signs of improvement over the last few months but that today was horrendous and probably the easiest team we'll ever play against in a play off.

We are staying down because our central defence have no composure to deal with ball's into the box or out of the box from the keeper.I witnessed with my own eyes and ears Connelly screaming to other defenders and his keeper NO NO NO,he as you would gather did not want the ball with naebody near him,FACT.

Pawlett has been playing with an injury for weeks and Sow had barely played before joining us. I think, free of injury and with a full pre-season, both will give us much more next season.

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Which is what we should be doing

For me I've always thought it would have been a (very welcome) bonus had we got up this time, I'm not going to dwell on today or the tie, was very even over both games and it wasn't meant to be

Compared to this time last year it's night and day with how I feel about next season and the future as I did a year ago

This time I feel confident about our future, think as a club we are going to kick on from here, we have a foundation this time to build on with a summer window to improve where it's required but without the same kind of rebuild before, we have a manager who is more than capable of leading us to the title given the chance of a full season with his own team, we have the owner who will back it, we have the fan base back onside who were staying away due to previous owner and his mess, a fan base which blows anything else out the water in the league next season

When the fixtures come out we will all be raring to go and we should look forward to it and the journey it will be, it's not where we wanted to be but a year from now we will look back and say it was a necessity to fix the mess of the previous owner and the previous manager, was never going to be the quick fix we hoped.
    You must have readied this post pre match today.

Fkn defeatist attitude and symptomatic of all that's wrong with our club presently.

St Mirren are absolute 5hite. What a chance missed that was

......... Always next season though......... Or the season after that........ Or the season after that......

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Pawlett has been playing with an injury for weeks and Sow had barely played before joining us. I think, free of injury and with a full pre-season, both will give us much more next season.
    I will wager £20 for a charity of your choice both will be ****ing mince next season will be disastrous signings to rival Mathie and Crawford and McCulloch and Jourgensen and Fyvie in effectiveness per £ spent

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)