+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Good odds on Hourihane in the final!

Can’t make my mind up who I’d like to be more disappointed today... Terry or Lampard.
    I can’t say I’ll enjoy either of them winning with their smarmy smiles.... If Villa win it’ll all be about Terry, not Dean Smith, If Derby win then Lampard will be cheesy grinned.
    I’ll go for Villa, at least Dean Smith May get a bit of credit out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    I will allus hold Conor Hourihane in high regard , mercenary ? Not in my eyes, can't fault him for moving on , gave us his very best , scored some super goals, lifted 2 Trophies for us at Wembley , turned into a good allround footballer , he's gone but not forgotten , just like a few more , Good Luck to him and Villa today ,

I agree. He did well for this club and took a natural progressive forward step in his career. Villa are a far bigger club than us and I don't blame him for going there. I would've done the same in his shoes.

When we beat millwall in the play off final we were stopping in a hotel near Wembley which was full of Plymouth fans who were there for their game the day after. We were talking abart Hourihane with them saying how much he'd progressed at Oakwell over his time with us. They sold him to us and said they'd kept an eye on him, they said he needed a bigger stage than Plymouth and we provided that. They also said he'd need a bigger stage than Barnsley at some point. At the time I didn't want to hear it but deep darn I knew they wo reight and talking sense.

It's always difficult losing influential players but thaz got to wish em well, especially when they do so well for you and you know they've got enough ability to play at a higher level than Barnsley. Alfie Mawson was another who was destined for bigger things than Oakwell. In an ideal world tha'd be able to keep odd o thi best players. Tint like that though at Barnsley , nivver ez bin.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    I agree. He did well for this club and took a natural progressive forward step in his career. Villa are a far bigger club than us and I don't blame him for going there. I would've done the same in his shoes.

When we beat millwall in the play off final we were stopping in a hotel near Wembley which was full of Plymouth fans who were there for their game the day after. We were talking abart Hourihane with them saying how much he'd progressed at Oakwell over his time with us. They sold him to us and said they'd kept an eye on him, they said he needed a bigger stage than Plymouth and we provided that. They also said he'd need a bigger stage than Barnsley at some point. At the time I didn't want to hear it but deep darn I knew they wo reight and talking sense.

It's always difficult losing influential players but thaz got to wish em well, especially when they do so well for you and you know they've got enough ability to play at a higher level than Barnsley. Alfie Mawson was another who was destined for bigger things than Oakwell. In an ideal world tha'd be able to keep odd o thi best players. Tint like that though at Barnsley , nivver ez bin.
    Nivver will be either.... even if we got to Prem

We could do wi wunna them foreign multi billionaires to tek us ovva and put sum brass into club.

Hourihane quietly effective today , set up the goals , no mention ? Class player Arr Conor !!

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post

gooden Pass

At least a proper PL club made it up this season , I was starting to think it was the year of cheap imitations .

Championship is hourihanes level can't see him getting 90 minutes in prem and villa might just get back the money they've already spent in getting to prem

I can't hold him going to Villa against him.
    He always gave his best even when he knew he was leaving.
    I went down to Fulham for his last away game when everyone knew he was going and he worked harder than any other player in a red shirt. I remember him staying down after a heavy challenge and thinking his move might be off if he got an injury.
    At full time everyone was singing his name and he came over but kept his head down. I think he was genuinely moved.
    Then in his last game he scored a screamer against Leeds live on Sky.
    In contrast I saw Winnall the week before not breaking a sweat at Bloomfield Road. Why he was left on for 90 minutes is beyond me.
    Chalk & cheese. It was a good move for Hourihane unlike Winnall, Bree, Watkins & Scowen.
    He's had more game time, and scored more goals than the rest of them put together, and he's got back into the Irish team.
    What have the rest done?

The rest hodge are spending their money on luxury homes,cars, holidays, clothes etc etc etc

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12