+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Palestine is off the map.

Quote Originally Posted by Balanbam00 View Post
    I am going to find the book, '' The guide for the perplexed,'' by the 'Ramban'. A nice read for you B T
    Not much I can add to that.

I only asked how a map of Palestine became a map of Israel?

Attachment 12801

Time and tide wait for no man BT, neither do maps. Where the feck is Mesopotamia on Google Maps ? I used to have a copy of a map that showed it depended which side of the Ribble you lived on whether you were in Mercia or Northumbria. As I recall Clitheroe was in Mercia, Waddington was in Northumbria, or was it the other way round, I don't know and I can't find either Mercia or Northumbria on Google Maps now, and where the feck is Prussia, I'm sure their army was involved at Waterloo, but Wellington and Napoleon will be searching Google Maps in vain, assuming they have a decent WiFi connection up there, they should have.

Surely current maps should show the reality on the ground, not how some political activists would like it to be ?
    Last edited by sinkov; 28-05-2019 at 06:25 AM.

"Surely current maps should show the reality on the ground, not how some political activists would like it to be ?"

Agreed sinkov. The reality on the ground in the Gaza Strip is that the Palestinians are being bombed into oblivion and pushed into the sea and the UN are doing the square root of phuck all about it.

Oh dear BT, ''Look if we did not have you ,we would never discuss this eternal problem. How about Gaza for dummies?''

You have wrote , ''The reality on the ground in the Gaza Strip is that the Palestinians are being bombed into oblivion ''

Oh no ,King 'Bibi' Netanyahu is frightened of doing that ,he just wants precision strikes,on militant Hamas buildings. To really hit them hard would mean a ground assault with troops,that could mean 200-300 dead soldiers,house to house fighting ,the result 'Bibi' would not be the Prime Minister after that. But 'Bibi' wants that position that more than anything!!!

B T you continue .....and pushed into the sea and the UN are doing....nothing! Utter tosh!!!!

In 2005 Israel withdrew from the Gaza strip. About nine thousand Israeli residents within Gaza were instructed to leave the area or face eviction by the night of Tuesday August 16, 2005.

Its amazing your words B T. Please tell me how Israel pushes the people of Gaza into the sea ? With bulldozers? How?

News reports suggest on Sunday Israel eased its fishing restrictions off the blockaded Gaza Strip, with the aim of preventing a deterioration in humanitarian conditions in the Palestinian enclave.

Why is it blockaded? But at least the Israelis have the temerity to realise there is a deterioration in humanitarian conditions in the Palestinian enclave.

You'd think BT, that the Palestinian leaders would be trying to ameliorate humanitarian conditions in Palestine, in which case could you explain how sending chinese lanterns and the occasional rocket into Israel helps. Maybe I'm missing the point, but these tactics must have the same neglible effect on Israel as a milkshake thrown at Sir Nigel has on the Brexit Party.

Despite its successes, the Aswan High Dam has produced several negative side effects. Most costly is the gradual decrease in the fertility of agricultural lands in the Nile delta, which used to benefit from the millions of tons of silt deposited annually by the Nile floods. The reduction of water-borne nutrients flowing into the Mediterranean is suspected to be the cause of a decline in anchovy and fish populations in the eastern Mediterranean. The end of flooding has sharply reduced the number of fish in the Nile and the Mediterranean Sea. Even as far away along Israel's coast the fishermen say, very few larger fish can be found. Not like it was years ago . Simple really, less nutrients, less fish,then increased population growth,with all this in mind Israel has increased the fishing limits. Fishing is one of main pillars of Palestinian economy in the Gaza Strip. So it means the fishermen of Gaza are not bringing home the fish and sea food that once could be caught.

Why is it blockaded? Does Britain, and other countries patrol their borders ? Do you stop illegal immigrants ? Would they search for drugs etc ? Then stop it entering the UK? If Israel did not patrol and control that area, goodness knows what weapons etc,would be brought in?
    All the world knows why there are deteriorating conditions in the Gaza strip, and its cause - Hamas. Donations flood in from all over the world ,but does the Government of Hamas build infrastructure,water ,sewage electricity projects etc ? Certainly not, but blame Israel.

More than happy to blame Israel Balan. Israeli gunships simply blow any "suspicious" vessel out of the water Balan as you well know. 5miles, 10 miles or 15 miles matters not a jot, it is not Israel's border to patrol.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    5miles, 10 miles or 15 miles matters not a jot, it is not Israel's border to patrol.
    You're in the Student Union Bar with the activists again BT. Realpolitik says, if you're patrolling a border with armed soldiers or gunships, it's your border.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)