+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Would you be happy with oil money?

Would you be happy with oil money?

I know; every other owner than Ashley would be a step in the right direction.

But would you be happy if we turned into the next Man City? To me, it looks like their fans are happy and for that I'm envious, but in many ways they have bought their way to success. In some sense, paying for success is the only way to do things in football now if titles are desired, but it can be done in different ways I suppose.

I'm a little torn on this matter. But ultimately I'm sick of the Ashley-era and would love it to come to an end.

Would I be happy?

Scoring 150+ goals per season..

6-0 wins in cup finals?

Winning the league regularly?

Yep.... I'd be happy... phucking right I would!

Oil money is better than no money
    Sink or swim

Competing in the league
    Competing in cups
    Feel good factor
    City will be buzzing again
    Top players instead of ****e
    Most importantly no mike ashley

In a word: yes.

Football has changed and we must change with it.

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    In a word: yes.

Football has changed and we must change with it.
    Exactly.we are getting left behind

Only if it is from sustainably sourced olive oil.

Quote Originally Posted by Kal View Post
    Only if it is from sustainably sourced olive oil.

I think I agree with most of you. I'm not sure I'm so crazy about how money-driven football has become - PSG is owned by Qatar!?!?! - but just the thought of us winning something...

In the short term I think most fans will be ecstatic just to get rid of Ashley and then in anticipation for the expected influx of exceptional talented big money signings.

Whether a Sheikh can pit a north east club up against the elitist clubs to become part of them, is an interesting take.
    Whatever happens will not change my stance of supporting the club and being a fan of the club.

For me, I'll simply go with the flow because I have no other input but too go with whatever flow there is, at any time, whether it's Ashley owning the club or a local businessman with millions, not billions...or the multi billionaires of the Arab/oil nations.

I think it'll create more turmoil than it solves, in my honest opinion. I think we'll become a mercenaries paradise.

I will be happy with an owner that just let's the club run and maximises every avenue of income.If this does go through it will be interesting to see in the accounts under new ownership the income recieved through advertising.
    This club run correctly will definitely be able to compete.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)