Get your very own personalised Doonhamers Chat gifts!
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: New Signing Imminent

Sometimes you have to take a punt on a young player so let's hope that Pybus does the business and returns the faith AJ is showing in him

Quote Originally Posted by ALBERTZ_11 View Post
    Always liked Michael Paton
    Will never forget his goal against Brechin at Station Park during our promotion season.

Another young player signed, Andy McCarthy ex Partick Thistle midfielder sign on 1 year deal. From OS.

Quote Originally Posted by Auld_Chippy View Post
    Another young player signed, Andy McCarthy ex Partick Thistle midfielder sign on 1 year deal. From OS.
    magic is doing something simelar to what he did last time he took charge of queens ,going with a young team ,i hope this squad he is signing will turn out as good as the one back then ,this time get them on decent long contracts if thay work out ,and hopefully not let the same happen again with them all breaking up and queens hardly getting any cash .
    magic is slowely building what looks like a decent squad that could stay together and gel for a good few years .

I see Michael Paton has signed. Is this a good or bad move ?

Name:  IMG-20190715-WA0002.jpg
Views: 273
Size:  70.9 KB

Excellent signing, really chuffed with him now being at Palmerston.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    I see Michael Paton has signed. Is this a good or bad move ?
    Looks like Magic is adding a bit of experience to our midfield with the signing of Paton who last played for us in May 2015 making 54 starts and 18 on the bench - total appearances 72, scoring 11 goals. - welcome back Michael and good luck.

He was released by Dumbarton. Doesn't that tell you all you need to know..

Surprised to hear that Paton is only 30 years old. If he has anything left and capable of some of his previous form then this is a good signing but at the moment I fear that the jury is still out on this one.

I just remember him being lazy. Had ability but just went missing in action.

It's a bad signing imo. If he's not good enough for Dumbarton what's he doing with us! - plus he's a high injury risk.

And we got rid of Stirling. Unbelievable quite honestly.

But, gotta give him a chance.

I have to agree with Deek. Paton has lots of ability but gets worked out of his game by more determined but limited opponents. I cant see that will have improved some 3 years later. Having said that, I have looked at the dearth of our midfield and glad ( ish) we got him in.
    Last edited by JRSLEFTPEG; 15-07-2019 at 08:55 PM.

Sorry boys, just can’t help myself.

Paton adds some experience to a young team. Maybe has a bit to prove which can be a good thing.

Decent ability to come off the bench to see a game out. That was certainly missing last season.

Quote Originally Posted by Mug View Post
    Sorry boys, just canít help myself.

Paton adds some experience to a young team. Maybe has a bit to prove which can be a good thing.

Decent ability to come off the bench to see a game out. That was certainly missing last season.

i agree paton on his game is a player but we got rid of a similar and far better player in stirling ,so this signing dont make alot of sense to me ,stirling was one of our best players by a mile ,only thing i can think of is stirling must have wanted away .

Quote Originally Posted by Francis_begbie_HFC View Post
    i agree paton on his game is a player but we got rid of a similar and far better player in stirling ,so this signing dont make alot of sense to me ,stirling was one of our best players by a mile ,only thing i can think of is stirling must have wanted away .
    I'm guessing that Stirling thought he would be better off elsewhere seen as he wasnt involved much in the play offs.

however we need the boddies as our squad is so thin ,far too thin with the league season only a couple of weeks away ,we need another 2 or 3 minimum yet .

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    I'm guessing that Stirling thought he would be better off elsewhere seen as he wasnt involved much in the play offs.

yep defo looks like stirling wanted away himself .

Quote Originally Posted by Mug View Post
    Sorry boys, just can’t help myself.

Fully agree with this, a decent squad player, maybe he won't be a guaranteed starter if AJ brings in some loans but I doubt if he'll be on a big wage anyway. I'll give him a chance before writing him off.

I wasn't at the game but apparently he had a shocker. Couple more bad games and he'll be out injured for a few months. Absolute waste of space.

Kidd another who's got off to a stinker.

Really can't get my head round what AJ was thinking signing these two.
    Yes the budget is second rate but surely we could have got better.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789