+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Qos v Annan

Qos v Annan

Well, we have a derby tomorrow although you wouldnt think it. To be fair, there isn't anything like the sort of needle or indeed interest that our former derby game v Gretna generated. Still be nice to cuff them though. Paton will probably start and freshen up the midfield . Come on Queens , let's see the first competitive goals of the season.

It's only because it's the silly season JR...……...if this was the 3rd or 4th round of the Scottish Cup next January, - you'd have a lot of interest. The only thing people are interested in at the moment is their summer holidays...…...and people deserve them, - so you can't blame them.

I cant see us getting through to the next stage now and I'll tell you why. In previous seasons you could get away with a defeat if you won the other three and had a healthy plus goals difference. We are already minus 3 so sneaking into one of the four best runners up looks unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
    It's only because it's the silly season JR...……...if this was the 3rd or 4th round of the Scottish Cup next January, - you'd have a lot of interest. The only thing people are interested in at the moment is their summer holidays...…...and people deserve them, - so you can't blame them.
    That's true to the fans Jardi but maybe not so much to the club. Queens have admitted in recent years that early exits in the cups really hurt them financially.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    I cant see us getting through to the next stage now and I'll tell you why. In previous seasons you could get away with a defeat if you won the other three and had a healthy plus goals difference. We are already minus 3 so sneaking into one of the four best runners up looks unlikely.
    Time will obviously tell but games against Annan, Dumbarton and Morton should all be looked on a winnable. I'm not writing us off yet.

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
    Not a fan of Summer football then Jardi? For what it's worth neither am I and these early starts in the middle of the traditional summer holidays are a joke but the powers that be at Hampden don't really consider the supporters as exemplified by the Challenge cup fiasco.

To be honest Spike I am a fan of football in better weather and I would have no qualms about the league being extended to the end of May or early June, - but I really don't think football should be played in the heat of summer, nor should it be competing with cricket, Wimbledon and summer holidays, - its not fair on football, - nor is it fair on the minority sports or when people are trying to have some family time. Life is all about balancing out work and play and the football authorities need to be mindful of that.

Equally, - if we must start in early July, - then for the love of God, - please allow small cubs like Queen of the South, - and effectively any outside the top 4 or 5 SPL clubs to play trialists in this competition. As I've said already, there should be absolutely no harm in clubs doing this, - and should they then choose not to keep them - then that player would only be ineligible for the BetFred cup, - which to be honest is not going to affect too many teams!

I am 100% aware that being eliminated at this early stage in the competition is not at all good, - as it is potentially one of the easiest competitions in which to progress. For Queens this season, - the Motherwell match came far too soon for them, - and it's just a shame that it wasn't their last fixture.

Alas, we can't do anything at all about it, - except trying to beat everyone else and score as many goals as possible in the faint hope that Queens might be one of the best runners up.

Point gained that was undeserved. No doom and gloom from me. Assuming we lose the penalties that is?

Two points. Get in. How?

If I was going to be diplomatic about it ,I would say we are a work in progress and will have to raise our performance levels considerably to compete in the Championship. On the other hand, if I was using my factory speak, I'd say we were ****ing dreadful.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)