+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 51 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Fantasy League News 2018/2019

Fantasy League News 2018/2019

WARNING NOT FOR THE FAINT HEARTED OR THOSE OF A DELICATE DISPOSITION

ITS BACK FOR THE 2018/2019 SEASON THE UBER COMPETITVE VMFL

BB completing the ceremonial pushing of the claret and blue button to declare the VMFL 2018/2019 season duly open revealed as of this morning 12 registered teams with their managers eager to renew old rivalries and see old scores settled.

So introducing our current registered teams and managers in no particular order other than BB top naturally:-

BB - Billesley Villans

Gornel - Claret & Blue Army

Iwuz - Notsa Alliv

Dazzy - Dazzysbarmyarmy

Jesh - Kirkley Krusaders

Uncle Tony - Mr Tee

Bongo - Agbonlahor United

Picasso - Cubist Masterpiece

Winnie - Winnies Warriors

Yubby - 8 Daughters FC

Sam - Large Icardi & Koke

Rosie - Busted Flush FC

Top 7 finishers from last year already included.

There has been some creative team name changes this year Iwuz, Sam, Yubby, Rosie, a couple of Armies fighting it out Dazzy's and Gornel's and only Bongo could name his team in honour of Gabby.

So which managers admit to burning the midnight oil trying to find out about these recruits to the Premier League trying to decide if they should be fearless and go for it or stick SB like to what they know.

A whistleblower has come forward with the shocking news one of our managers has been tapping up another teams forum members for information.

Come on guys and join us the more the merrier of course any newbies must meet BB's stringent criteria and the BB version of due diligence.

So the big question can Dazzy defend his title...................................

So gloves off, let battle commence, take no prisoners, no quarter given and come the end of the season may the best man or woman win.

REMEMBER GAME WEEK 1 KICKS OFF FRIDAY 10TH AUGUST SO GET THOSE TEAM SHEETS IN ON TIME
    Last edited by VillaRosie; 04-08-2018 at 01:38 PM.

I wonder who the culprit is? Maybe it's to put you all off the scent. I've changed my team about 12 times now. Still as indecisive as ever!

Thanks Rosie!

Thank you for renewing the league, BB! I think we might still need a code for newbies?

They can, of course, create and enter their teams now, and they'll be added to our merry band of VM managers as soon as BB whispers the top secret code in their ears.

Ha ha, my prime suspect was Yubbs, on account of him having form, then I thought swotty Sam, but, no, I found Bongo in the Wolves ground, donning a pair of binoculars, whilst furtively making notes.

And a big congratulations to Yubby
    Last edited by MissWinnie; 04-08-2018 at 03:51 PM.

I've literally had dreams where I could manage to get Sané, Mane, Sanchez, Salah, Aguero and Lacazette in the same team.

I am currently a full time dad so I have a ludicrous amount of free time (where I assume I should be cleaning or something) - however, when I go on my YouTube app the "recommendations" all seem to be Fantasy Football based.

There's a player at Brighton who should be amazing but at 7m quid I can't have him.

Early wildcard for me

Ha not me sis, that would require time.

Little Sarah had first 6weeks in hospital then 1 week out then 5days back in.
    Followed by my delayed Goal Keeper injury approx 3hrs after the game, i was taken by ambulance to hospital where the emergency staff wanted keeep me in over night with concerns my leg knock might have compartment syndrome.
    And just this week my eldest step daughter having been taken to hospital and coming out 3 days later without a gall bladder.

Oh Yubby, I'm really sorry little Sarah had to spend so much of her first couple of months in hospital. I hope she's doing okay now. Big hug

I must admit I had to Google compartment syndrome. I hope you are doing ok too. No more heroics on the football pitch!

I hope your eldest step daughter is feeling better as well.

Sis x

I'm back in to make up the numbers

My son Liam would like to join as well. what is the league code?

I've passed on the Villamad League ownership to Miss Winnie

Cheers for sorting it BB over the years I've been doing it. Lets hope you can celebrate tonight with a plate of potatoes.

Quote Originally Posted by birminghamborn View Post
    I've passed on the Villamad League ownership to Miss Winnie
    Thanks BB, I can see it now ...

I feel like we should be presenting you with a gold watch or something. . A big thank you for organising the League and your sterling bouncer duties over the years

Oooh the power! Giggles. He left me his big swivel chair, his ejector button and everything. I just need to borrow Oz's scary cat and VM domination is mine

Sooo, to recap:

Those who were in the VM League last season will automatically be 're-entered once they have completed and entered their teams into the overall FL.

For any aspiring newbie VM managers, like Liam, the code to enter our League is :

594778-381310

You'll need to register, create, pick and save a team (there's an autocomplete option you can use for now you are in a hurry).

Once you've done this, you can enter our League by:

Clicking on the Leagues tab
    Click on Create and join new Leagues.
    Click on Join a League
    Click on Join Private Classic League
    Enter 594778-381310 and you're in!

Any problems, just shout, and we'll try to help!

As in previous years, please note that this League is only open to VM posters, and their friends and families. We deliberately keep the League small and only to those known to us, as it makes for a more fun, and competitive League.

It would be really helpful if new entrants could include your VM user name in either your manager or team name. If not, could you just hop in here to let us know who you are, or who your friends and families are. This is just to make sure I don't eject you and also so Rosie can identify you for updates.I

And finally. Enjoy! Let the best Manager win!

Winnie x

Page 1 of 51 12311 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)