+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you gamble on football?

Do you gamble on football?

Now the season is over and all games have been concluded, I took the opportunity to see how I have faired over the last 12 months to date. Pleased to say I'm in profit albeit marginally.

Responsible Gambling
    Close
    Profit & Loss
    7 days
    30 days
    12 months
    sky bet
    Over the last 12 months you are £290.86 up
    Correct as of midnight on 27th May 2019
    Returns do not include Cash Back from Money Back as Cash promotions

I've had some rollercoaster bets with returns as high as £630+ when all the teams in the Championship all scored on the same day in their fixtures. I've had also had some poor losses as well, such is the chance on your bet coming in.

That's it now until August when it all starts again.

I always say when I'm down in the red it's time to give up. Luckily that hasn't happened. I may be wagering on us to return to the Championship, it all depends on who we lose and who we may recruit.

Looking at who will have the clout to spend big next season, I cannot really see Sunderland splashing out as they max'd out this season. Probably Ipswich will give it a big kick along with Bolton's new owner. As for ourselves, we would all like to think that our Chairman will look to bounce straight back, however, with a revenue loss of 3-4 million, we will have to wait and see.

Can see the bookies backing us to finish top 6 so don't expect a big price on us. Good luck to everyone who has a bet on us.

Nice to see winners however:-

Total revenue has climbed by almost a third to more than £670m at Sky Betting & Gaming (SBG) according to figures released by its new owner.

SBG recorded revenue of £670.5m for the year ending June 2018, up 30 per cent from £515.8m in 2017.

Betting revenue increased by 37 per cent £407m, boosted by a rise in betting net win margin thanks to operator-favourable sporting results, particularly with respect to European football.

It also posted an operating profit of £86.7m, up 26.5 per cent from £68.6m the year before.

So somebody is losing somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Nice to see winners however:-

Total revenue has climbed by almost a third to more than £670m at Sky Betting & Gaming (SBG) according to figures released by its new owner.

SBG recorded revenue of £670.5m for the year ending June 2018, up 30 per cent from £515.8m in 2017.

Betting revenue increased by 37 per cent £407m, boosted by a rise in betting net win margin thanks to operator-favourable sporting results, particularly with respect to European football.

It also posted an operating profit of £86.7m, up 26.5 per cent from £68.6m the year before.

So somebody is losing somewhere
    Certainly makes you gulp when you see those figures......and that's only from one group posting profits.

Well I'll be honest I'm in front because I stake low and aim high with accas .

I've enjoyed a couple of remarkable wins , 4k and 2k off a couple of quid .

Nowt for a couple of years mind but I only have a bet on a Saturday during the season , £4 a week .

I noticed the owner of Bet365 paid herself £350m last year .

That's all we all need to know really isn't it .

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Now the season is over and all games have been concluded, I took the opportunity to see how I have faired over the last 12 months to date. Pleased to say I'm in profit albeit marginally.

Responsible Gambling
    Close
    Profit & Loss
    7 days
    30 days
    12 months
    sky bet
    Over the last 12 months you are £290.86 up
    Correct as of midnight on 27th May 2019
    I've had some rollercoaster bets with returns as high as £630+ when all the teams in the Championship all scored on the same day in their fixtures. I've had also had some poor losses as well, such is the chance on your bet coming in.
    That's it now until August when it all starts again.
    I always say when I'm down in the red it's time to give up. Luckily that hasn't happened. I may be wagering on us to return to the Championship, it all depends on who we lose and who we may recruit.
    Well done and honest of you to mention your losses as well as your gains.

I’m looking at an Accy next season.
    Premiership- Championship-League 1- League 2.

At least with football there are enough variables to make betting interesting and theoretically it’s difficult to fix.

Betting on other sports like boxing is a different kettle of fish.

my football betting this season has been shocking. i had 1 win for £197 but wagered just under £600. done ok on the gee geez (prob 20 bets) up £86.. luckily my sports betting account is linked to my poker account which im pretty good at so doing good

Don’t know exactly, but I only put £10 a week into Bet365, had some good wins, however there’s only£200 in my account now so that’s a £300ish loss over the year.

Quote Originally Posted by loyalmiller View Post
    Don’t know exactly, but I only put £10 a week into Bet365, had some good wins, however there’s only£200 in my account now so that’s a £300ish loss over the year.
    Either that or your Mrs has guessed your password

I average 10 quid a week on football sometimes more sometimes I don't bother. I've probably lost a couple of hundred quid this season. I enjoy a flutter but can take it or leave it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast