+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Some reflections.......

Quote Originally Posted by weegiearab View Post
    I want to be promoted on the basis that when we go up, we stay up! On the evidence of our play off games, I would suggest that we would be in for a relegation battle if we had gone up. The club has long been needing the cancer rooted out of it and I think we have finally done that. We need a preseason to recover and with the opportunity to start a season cancer free, we could prosper. The club feels like it is on the up again. fingers crossed that we can get our targets in quickly, don't want to be in the 'need time to gel' position again and gifting points early in the season.
    The slate is wiped clean for me, I will be backing, team, manager and owner...for the first time in a long time, we are united!
    Hear what you're saying Weegie & I don't disagree.
    The outcome on 26/5/19 might end up being a blessing in disguise.

Quote Originally Posted by ARAbCHNID View Post
    Hear what you're saying Weegie & I don't disagree.
    The outcome on 26/5/19 might end up being a blessing in disguise.
    Wow, actually wow...

Quote Originally Posted by jjaflup22 View Post
    Wow, actually wow...
    Still hurting bud?

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    Still hurting bud?
    He's maybe not still hurting, he's maybe one of life's winners.

A blessing we never went up FFS.

Please read post #9 again & try view the bigger picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    He's maybe not still hurting, he's maybe one of life's winners.

A blessing we never went up FFS.
    I think the phrase 'polishing a turd' seems appropriate here. 🙂

I don't see how it can be suggested that this view is happy clapping. What is being said is that the team we currently have is not good enough to be in the premier league. If anything, it's the ones that believe that we would be challenging top 6 that are the happy clappers.....because on Sundays performances,
    they are deluded to think that we wouldn't be scrapping to stay in that league next season. We have shown signs of recovery but we aren't good enough at the moment. I believe that we have fixed a lot of our problems but need further changes to get us where we want to be. Sunday should have proven that we need a lot more work and has laid our deficiencies bare for all to see. We ain't good enough just now but we are not a million miles away, we are in the best shape that we have been for the past few seasons and should improve further next season....but we are still pretty sh#te!

You think we'd get promoted then not sign any players? Surely no one thinks that. 🤔

I think we need more than a couple of players to be top 6 side. Promotion would have glossed over the lack of depth and that some of our players are clearly championship level players. We aren't an attacking threat, the team can be weak minded and suffers from bombscare defending at times.....this is what would make us very vulnerable in the premier league and I think it's too much of an ask to fix it in one pre-season. There are shoots of recovery but we are still a million miles away from where we need to be.
    We have been there before after promotion, where we diced around at the bottom of the league season after season. It's not great! We need a bounce like the Edinburgh clubs got after the arse fell outta them!

Surely once we get up there'll be a calculated and well paced plan to get us to the top six. To go up and immediately become a top team after where we have been for years is asking a lot and a bit unrealistic although it may happen against the odds

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)