+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Heelan League 2019/20

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Whens Keith v Forres?

Could be an idea. I could generate a few folk.

Fits a table Vintage? 12?

Then up to the Ploo after

Edit- Balls, 4th of Jan. I spend Christmas and New Year offshore
    That one is already down for an 11 am inspection.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    Nairn have had it tough since Narden pulled out of sponsorship and they seem now to be associated with St Ninian. I have it on the inside track that the Narden lot seem to have an agenda to disadvantage County at every opportunity. WTF?

It's a shame, since Nern's fans rallied round to build the Davy Johnston enclosure and have given great support down the years to their local club.

Sugar daddies are an unsustainable basis for running part-time clubs, proven time and again.

Agreed.

Nairn did very well in the first season after their departure but struggled last year. I think it was the suddenness of their departure that caused all the problems - players on big money that the club just couldn't afford. I've heard a few stories about that new enclosure as well - the support did a great job raising finance. Maybe the McIntosh brothers wanted it called after them or Narden?

Les Fridge is still employed by them - not sure what he does though.

The first season after the Narden lot withdrew, Nairn played very good fitba with committed young loons who looked to be enjoying their game. I thought they had the same energy about them last season, but they had tough luck against us. If they keep them together, they'll progress, but nowadays as soon as a player looks half-decent, one of the well-financed clubs picks them up.

Spartans 2 Keith 1 yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    Spartans 2 Keith 1 yesterday.
    So, any idea who scored that Maroons' goal, Mr V?

I believe it was Michael Selfridge.

I have had no reports on the match, but I'm willing to bet that Selfie's counter was a mazy, yet carefully-planned 40-yard dribble, with uncomprehending defenders, midfielders and Highland games athletes left floundering in our man's wake, before a deft 20 yard chip from out wide swerved past the flailing, helpless, bamboozled custodian.

That's just based on last season's experience of the boy, like. He may have added further skills and tricks to his armoury, and will be able to practise them in the coming season without the threat of dismemberment from the pelvis down by Eric Watson.

Spartans ony ees Vintage. Have you had a report yet? Worth a punt for the league?

I pay scant attention to anyone but two teams, but they gave us a real drilling, 3-0 in Keith, about 8 years ago in the Scottish Cup, when we had a pretty decent squad.

Keith loons harmonising at Kynoch Park in advance of their new album. Stadium rock gets no better. A four-man partnership almost rivalling the legendary Winton-Simmers-Duncan-Christie line-up of 1973.

https://vimeo.com/345921879?fbclid=I...ztwpjOupeECB5I

Keith 5 Islavale 0 yesterday.

Community Cup attracting the Boardroom Brasso.

The clean sweep is on.

Wick academy got a doing 5-1 yesterday against Nairn St Ninian

Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast