+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Heelan League 2019/20

Interesting. I found the text from my contact in Nairn (Jan 19), and an extract reads: “The Nardens are now sponsoring Saints and the brothers grim. Fridge and their father, who never attended a game at Station Park for the last five years of his tenure as chairman ‘due to ill health’ now attend every game. I am waiting to see if Fridge takes over and they start bank rolling Saints to put the final knife in County. Maybe paranoid but that’s how nasty they are. How that man every was made an honorary President of the Highland League defies me. Watch this space”.

Not Proper Mannies’ Fitba mannies.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    Interesting. I found the text from my contact in Nairn (Jan 19), and an extract reads: “The Nardens are now sponsoring Saints and the brothers grim. Fridge and their father, who never attended a game at Station Park for the last five years of his tenure as chairman ‘due to ill health’ now attend every game. I am waiting to see if Fridge takes over and they start bank rolling Saints to put the final knife in County. Maybe paranoid but that’s how nasty they are. How that man every was made an honorary President of the Highland League defies me. Watch this space”.

Not Proper Mannies’ Fitba mannies.

They are certainly not Proper Mannies' fitba mannies. Great phrase and very appropriate.

I dont think they will manage to take control of st ninians but all committees are ambitious and might just be tempted. We can only hope.

Quote Originally Posted by GASC1980 View Post
    450 says yesterday's Pish & Jism.

If we apply the Newmachar Calculator, we could get this up to 500 by the end of December.

450 says yesterday's Pish & Jism.

If we apply the Newmachar Calculator, we could get this up to 500 by the end of December.
    Aye but they have more fingers and toes to count with

I might throw a few quid on the Broch in the off chance Brora make an arse of it

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    I might throw a few quid on the Broch in the off chance Brora make an arse of it
    i'Burray's a good bet if they can tighten things up at the back.

Dinna tell brochred I said that though.

i'Burray's a good bet if they can tighten things up at the back.

Dinna tell brochred I said that though.
    Big game mentality needs sharpened up. Lost once to Cove, Brora and Formartinks and twice to Locos last season with Forres once and Wick twice thrown into it

That's the other six in the top 7 with them last season

Whilst searching for detail on a former Maroon from the Buchan area, I found this in a well-written chronicle of Peterhead:

“Fort William joined the League for the start of the 85-86 campaign. The following season it would be the turn of Cove Rangers to gain admission to the league. It did appear to many HL fans, that in certain parts of the media, there was no Highland League in existence before the arrival of Cove Rangers.”

Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast