+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 35 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Heelan League 2019/20

Heelan League 2019/20

New season, new thread

Fixtures oot. First set below

As Vintage said in another thread 17 teams this year so a free week for someone every week. First one for the Can Cans

Sat 27 July

Brora Huns v Fort William
    Deveronvale v Nairn County
    Fraserburgh v Wick Academy
    Inverurie Loco Works v Buckie Thistle
    Keith v Formartinks
    Lossiemouth v Huntly
    Strathspey Thistle v Clachnacuddin
    Turrah v Rothes

No Fixture – Forres Mechanics FC

The fixture list, on first viewing, has not been kind to The Cans.

I think Nairn last season went a fair few months without a home game on a Saturday - major financial hit. Part of the problem is that they need to get finished in time for the pyramid play-offs and so there are no matches when the "better" weather arrives.

Ive never understood why they don't play more midweekers early doors instead of cramming the postponements from winter into a small window at the end of the season. March/April is always rammed

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Ive never understood why they don't play more midweekers early doors instead of cramming the postponements from winter into a small window at the end of the season. March/April is always rammed
    Corporate sponsorship income takes a massive drop for midweek games. Clubs operate with part-time volunteers in corporate areas who tend to have day jobs, and getting corporate clients rat-arsed on a school night is pretty unattractive.

17 clubs means that fixture-swapping will be possible to allow Saturday matches where there's been an early postponement (I hereby predict that there will be no more than 3 fixtures at Claggan Park between November and February). If managed sensibly, it has the potential to help alleviate the crazy fixture log-jam in March if the winter's been tough.

Another potential benefit of getting **** FC out of the league.

Ah good point. Cash monies

I wouldn't mind doing another corporate. Rothes was a bloody good day oot

Their board hated sevcove

Ab-mad Heelan League Corporate day oot anyone?
    Last edited by Pacman1903; 29-05-2019 at 10:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Ah good point. Cash monies

I wouldn't mind doing another corporate. Rothes was a bloody good day oot

Their board hated sevcove

Ab-mad Heelan League Corporate day oot anyone?
    Buckie is meant to be good. I can vouch for Forres. Most are around £50-£60 I think.

The Kynoch Park one is good by reputation (I've only ever done the sponsor-the-ba Boardroom one), with very flexible shutting times on occasion.

The fitba radges with whom I occasionally travel have spoken about a day there. Clubs on the rail route have a definite advantage from a nae-driving viewpoint.

https://keithfc.com/match-day-hospitality

We're having a maintenance day on Saturday with a barbecue breakfast to kick it off and beer once everything's been painted, sown, mown, flung into a skip, nailed doon, graiped, watered, unbent, adjusted, calibrated and taken oot of the skip again 'just in case it comes in handy'.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    Corporate sponsorship income takes a massive drop for midweek games. Clubs operate with part-time volunteers in corporate areas who tend to have day jobs, and getting corporate clients rat-arsed on a school night is pretty unattractive.

17 clubs means that fixture-swapping will be possible to allow Saturday matches where there's been an early postponement (I hereby predict that there will be no more than 3 fixtures at Claggan Park between November and February). If managed sensibly, it has the potential to help alleviate the crazy fixture log-jam in March if the winter's been tough.

Another potential benefit of getting **** FC out of the league.

Just had a quick look. Nairn played 6 out of 17 league games at home on a wednesday and only a couple between October and February. Two out of their first three home games were midweek. They only played two away league matches midweek. The drop in corporate monies would have been horrific - as would the effect on normal, saturday fans. Uncle Bob's would have suffered as well!

The past couple of years, travelling down to the central belt for midweek matches has been a bit of a pain - but I think that Aberdeen would be quite happy with that as the corporate income must be much much greater on a saturday.

Nairn have had it tough since Narden pulled out of sponsorship and they seem now to be associated with St Ninian. I have it on the inside track that the Narden lot seem to have an agenda to disadvantage County at every opportunity. WTF?

It's a shame, since Nern's fans rallied round to build the Davy Johnston enclosure and have given great support down the years to their local club.

Sugar daddies are an unsustainable basis for running part-time clubs, proven time and again.

Whens Keith v Forres?

Could be an idea. I could generate a few folk.

Fits a table Vintage? 12?

Then up to the Ploo after

Edit- Balls, 4th of Jan. I spend Christmas and New Year offshore
    Last edited by Pacman1903; 29-05-2019 at 12:38 PM.

Page 1 of 35 12311 ... LastLast