Get your very own personalised THE EXEC LOUNGE gifts!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 43

Thread: League Cup group A.

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    11,135
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeats 62 View Post
    THAT........... we already know ......please keep it up

    Until tomorrow as they say ................
    Figueres is where Dali grew up. Doubt he played much football though

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    Figueres is where Dali grew up. Doubt he played much football though
    Maybe not Stoke, but I've saw a few surreal performances from some of our players this season .....

  3. #23
    No saturday games is abit disappointing but looking forward to tynecastle as its always one of the grounds i look to get to.

    i hope to see a big improvement compared to last year. Csaba was using it as glorified friendlies rather than taking it more serious and getting some sort of momentum into the start of the league campaign. I dont think RN will make the same mistake.

  4. #24
    We have to take every game seriously this coming season. I'd prefer us playing in this League Cup section rather than too many meaningless friendlies. Apart from it being (sort of ) regional. Wasn't the older version of the League Cup played like this back in the day ? Can't go out first game , also gives well needed revenue to the smaller clubs, much better than a good few friendlies then oot in the first roond

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by darrenshedtastic View Post
    No saturday games is abit disappointing but looking forward to tynecastle as its always one of the grounds i look to get to.

    i hope to see a big improvement compared to last year. Csaba was using it as glorified friendlies rather than taking it more serious and getting some sort of momentum into the start of the league campaign. I dont think RN will make the same mistake.
    Csaba did not use these games last season as a friendly, this was the excuse rolled out after we were dumped out of the competition in the first round - let get this matter straight.

    For the new season we need to be looking at competing in all the cup games from the get go.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    2,287
    Quote Originally Posted by ClashCityRocker View Post
    Csaba did not use these games last season as a friendly, this was the excuse rolled out after we were dumped out of the competition in the first round - let get this matter straight.

    For the new season we need to be looking at competing in all the cup games from the get go.
    As i remember it, Csaba was spouting off quite early on about using the cup as friendly type games to have us ready for the league.

    Have to be at it from the start this season!

  7. #27
    That is what happened Chick.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    1,795
    This coming season we must seriously compete in every competition that we qualify for. The Championship League, Scottish Cup, League Cup and even the Fizzy Cup (if for no other reason than Dundee will be competing in it as well). We must at all costs, endeavour to remain in the Fizzy longer than Dundee FC. They have won the trophy twice to our once and that is not good enough. We've already had enough chances to have won it more than them. Just remember this is their Major Cup offering over the last 45+ years or so, so we must treat it with the utmost importance if we are to have proper rivalry. It will not be acceptable for Dundee to win this trophy if we are in it also.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    336
    I personally hope the mighty Dee go on to win the Fizzy Pop Cup for the next 20 to 30 seasons at least. The very best of luck to them on this quest

  10. #30
    Sorry but good luck trying to get fellow Arabs excited by that opinion Ram.

  11. #31
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    1,795
    Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Sorry but good luck trying to get fellow Arabs excited by that opinion Ram.
    My late Mother used to say.....'Pay heed to the small things in life and the big things will take care of themself.' The Shabs should've pursued such a course at the beginning of last season. If we're slack with the Fizzy then don't be surprised if that attitude carries over to other more serious matters.

    I must confess though, I'd much rather that Middle Eastern Sanitary Technician returned to posting on this board than we got sprayed with Irn Bru as part of cup winning celebrations next season!

  12. #32
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    257
    Couldn’t care less than Dundee are in it next season but my opinion is you should go out to win every game.

    Our mentality in both league cup and irn bru last season was an absolute disgrace and set the tone for the league campaign meaning our hopes of automatic promotion were all but gone by October.

    This season go out to win every game. Rest players where necessary against lower ranked teams in cups but play to win every time you step on the park to represent this club.

  13. #33
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    1,795
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly9 View Post
    Couldn’t care less than Dundee are in it next season but my opinion is you should go out to win every game.

    Our mentality in both league cup and irn bru last season was an absolute disgrace and set the tone for the league campaign meaning our hopes of automatic promotion were all but gone by October.

    This season go out to win every game. Rest players where necessary against lower ranked teams in cups but play to win every time you step on the park to represent this club.


    Sound advice. Do this and in the words of Middle Eastern Sanitary Technician....'we will p*** this league!'

  14. #34
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    17,615
    Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    That is what happened Chick.

    It was still an excuse, it's part of pre season but also competitive and better than friendlies, we had no problem getting out the groups the previous the seasons with 10 and 11 pts respectively under McKinnon

    He had assembled a poor side overall and couldn't get them playing, simple, he was a failure and failed his entire tenure apart from the first couple month when Fyvie and Fraser carried us/him

    Irn bru cup should just be used for first teamers needing game time and host guys.

  15. #35
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    2,287
    Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    It was still an excuse, it's part of pre season but also competitive and better than friendlies, we had no problem getting out the groups the previous the seasons with 10 and 11 pts respectively under McKinnon
    Excuses come after the fact, not before you set out on the campaign with the friendly mindset! Monumental funk up that set us up for the 3-2 reversal on the opening day!

  16. #36
    Does anyone think Robbie will arrange many friendlies before the league cup campaign starts? I'm not so sure.

  17. #37
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    257
    Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Does anyone think Robbie will arrange many friendlies before the league cup campaign starts? I'm not so sure.
    They’ve already been announced. Away to East Fife, Brechin and Dumbarton. Reckon there will only be 1 more max.

  18. #38
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    11,135
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly9 View Post
    They’ve already been announced. Away to East Fife, Brechin and Dumbarton. Reckon there will only be 1 more max.
    Saw that on the official. Underwhelming really, thought we'd be testing ourselves v higher standard opposition, no disrespect intended. I was hoping for maybe a wee tour or base in northern England playing the likes of Blackpool, Carlisle, similar.

    Seems the days of glamour home pre season friendlies are gone

  19. #39
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    3,260
    Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    Saw that on the official. Underwhelming really, thought we'd be testing ourselves v higher standard opposition, no disrespect intended. I was hoping for maybe a wee tour or base in northern England playing the likes of Blackpool, Carlisle, similar.

    Seems the days of glamour home pre season friendlies are gone
    Pre season friendlies since we've been doon have been utter gash. Before that I'd been to Leeds, Hull, Dublin, Arnhem(well Driel actually)and Berlin. Now it's Dumfknbarton.

  20. #40
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    11,135
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    Pre season friendlies since we've been doon have been utter gash. Before that I'd been to Leeds, Hull, Dublin, Arnhem(well Driel actually)and Berlin. Now it's Dumfknbarton.
    Even Coventry and Wigan were great. Mind Fyvie warming up in front of the United fans at Wigan and laughing as he was getting stick. The Coventry fans are probably still trying to work out "you've only got one shoe"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •