+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: League Cup group A.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeats 62 View Post
    THAT........... we already know ......please keep it up

Until tomorrow as they say ................
    Figueres is where Dali grew up. Doubt he played much football though

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    Figueres is where Dali grew up. Doubt he played much football though
    Maybe not Stoke, but I've saw a few surreal performances from some of our players this season .....

No saturday games is abit disappointing but looking forward to tynecastle as its always one of the grounds i look to get to.

i hope to see a big improvement compared to last year. Csaba was using it as glorified friendlies rather than taking it more serious and getting some sort of momentum into the start of the league campaign. I dont think RN will make the same mistake.

We have to take every game seriously this coming season. I'd prefer us playing in this League Cup section rather than too many meaningless friendlies. Apart from it being (sort of ) regional. Wasn't the older version of the League Cup played like this back in the day ? Can't go out first game , also gives well needed revenue to the smaller clubs, much better than a good few friendlies then oot in the first roond

Quote Originally Posted by darrenshedtastic View Post
    No saturday games is abit disappointing but looking forward to tynecastle as its always one of the grounds i look to get to.

i hope to see a big improvement compared to last year. Csaba was using it as glorified friendlies rather than taking it more serious and getting some sort of momentum into the start of the league campaign. I dont think RN will make the same mistake.
    Csaba did not use these games last season as a friendly, this was the excuse rolled out after we were dumped out of the competition in the first round - let get this matter straight.

For the new season we need to be looking at competing in all the cup games from the get go.

Quote Originally Posted by ClashCityRocker View Post
    Csaba did not use these games last season as a friendly, this was the excuse rolled out after we were dumped out of the competition in the first round - let get this matter straight.

For the new season we need to be looking at competing in all the cup games from the get go.
    As i remember it, Csaba was spouting off quite early on about using the cup as friendly type games to have us ready for the league.

Have to be at it from the start this season!

That is what happened Chick.

This coming season we must seriously compete in every competition that we qualify for. The Championship League, Scottish Cup, League Cup and even the Fizzy Cup (if for no other reason than Dundee will be competing in it as well). We must at all costs, endeavour to remain in the Fizzy longer than Dundee FC. They have won the trophy twice to our once and that is not good enough. We've already had enough chances to have won it more than them. Just remember this is their Major Cup offering over the last 45+ years or so, so we must treat it with the utmost importance if we are to have proper rivalry. It will not be acceptable for Dundee to win this trophy if we are in it also.

I personally hope the mighty Dee go on to win the Fizzy Pop Cup for the next 20 to 30 seasons at least. The very best of luck to them on this quest

Sorry but good luck trying to get fellow Arabs excited by that opinion Ram.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)