+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 105 of 127 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 1267

Thread: Transfer rumour thread 19/20

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    Not convinced at first but since the play offs last season he has been excellent.

If he keeps his performance levels up then expect he could be one of the better keeps in the top league
    he has been excellent in this league this season but i still think we need better for the jump up leagues... as always though, happy to have my pus shut (which is extremely rare )
    Last edited by offshore_arab83; 24-01-2020 at 08:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    Ffs the smokies have indeed singed that wee chunt fae hearts when Mcsnake said he couldn’t afford to, wow!!! Something no right there!!!
    Are Arbroath attempting to buy their way to success by out bidding the big team 🤔 Mind you both teams are on par support wise judging by recent gate receipts. 😜

But did the best squad in the league really need him? Surely they've enough depth to be challenging us at the top without signing him?

As wee Jum used to say, in meh honest opinion, I think we need 5 new players to make us competitive top 6 next season.
    I'd be interested to know if Robbie thinks the same but I'm not a mind reader so not going to have a stab at that.
    I'm keeping to my policy of not naming players mid season but I think there's at least 4, maybe 5 that need to be shipped out to make the space. Centre half, creative midfielder, winger and a second striker are the main areas we need to strengthen.
    In an ideal world I'd like to see a couple of these new players through the door in January to give them bedding in time and less upheaval in the summer.
    But......do you think RN feels we will need 4/5 in and 4/5 out?

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/spo...nce-shankland/

STOKE CITY will have to start bidding at a minimum of £3million to land Lawrence Shankland before the end of the week.

The English side are set to watch the striker in Scottish Cup action against Hibs tomorrow night, joining fellow Championship club QPR on his trail.

Potters boss Michael O’Neill has been tracking Aberdeen’s Sam Cosgrove but Shankland is now high on his list too.

I think we should try a cheeky bid for Nisbet of the 6 fingered mob in Fife if Shankland leaves in the summer

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    I think we should try a cheeky bid for Nisbet of the 6 fingered mob in Fife if Shankland leaves in the summer
    Agree with this, use the Banks money and get him in now ahead of summer and give him a few months to get up to speed.

Quote Originally Posted by AussieArab44 View Post
    Agree with this, use the Banks money and get him in now ahead of summer and give him a few months to get up to speed.
    No chance that's going to happen. Maybe in the summer if we sell Shanks for a whack of dough. Definitely not now.

The comments made by RN sound a bit as if he is talking up Shanks ahead of a sale.

I hope not as would like to hang on to Shanks for our return season in the Prem.

If he goes then Nisbet is a logical replacement though I don't think Nisbet is as special a player :-(

We should at least be showing some interest...we courted Shankland in the January before we got him. I don't think it would be a bad thing to let the player know that we may be interested in the future. Can't see it happening ....but I definitely didn't see the Shankland deal happening either!

Page 105 of 127 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)