+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 127 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer rumour thread 19/20

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    Let him go TTT, lets take the cash and let him go. In fact i'll organise his travel!
    Will be a big test to see if the new regime have the ability to work a good deal. However, i wonder if there is a sell on clause set by the old regime that will pull the rug from a good deal?

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    Let him go TTT, lets take the cash and let him go. In fact i'll organise his travel!
    I'll pay his fare!

I can see the logic in the let him away camp but is it impossible for a player to improve?

Siegrist has been much improved in the last few months of the season. That said, if we can get a chunk of money for him and a proven keeper like Fox in it’s a no brainer.

Money that can go to improving other areas of the team/squad.

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    I can see the logic in the let him away camp but is it impossible for a player to improve?
    I think the word 'bombscare' was used for most of the season. Four decent play-off games does not a goalkeeper make.

He had a few mistakes during the season, no denying that. Calling him a bomb-scare is pure hyperbole IMO. If that were true there wouldn't be interest from anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by jjaflup22 View Post
    I think the word 'bombscare' was used for most of the season. Four decent play-off games does not a goalkeeper make.
    I didn't say he was a decent goalkeeper. What I said was is it not possible for a player to develop and improve.
    One minute were being told the reason we're still down is it takes time for a team to develop and gel. Next thing, the keeper starts improving (a bit before the playoffs) and everyone wants rid.
    Following this logic Craig Conway wouldn't have been in the 2010 cup winning side.

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    Following this logic Craig Conway wouldn't have been in the 2010 cup winning side.
    Exactly right!

Quote Originally Posted by GingerPetric View Post
    Siegrist has been much improved in the last few months of the season. That said, if we can get a chunk of money for him and a proven keeper like Fox in it’s a no brainer.

Totally agree!

Quote Originally Posted by GingerPetric View Post

I also agree with this.

Page 2 of 127 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)