+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 22 of 127 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272122 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer rumour thread 19/20

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    No agenda in the question Terry but do or you or anyone else have a theory about why that is?
    I honestly don't have a clue. 🤔

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Interesting that your example of a good team got knocked out of the world cup in that match. ��
    I did say it was maybe a bad example and I also said they were robbed anyway

I don’t disagree re style but I do disagree he’s not a good coach.

He took over a side who’d been dumped out an easy league cup group and had 11 points from first 8-9 games. We were destined to be scrapping down the bottom like Partick and Falkirk yet come January he had the same group of players clear in 3rd and gunning down 2nd.

After deadline day we picked up more points than any other team in the league. That was an achievement given it was a struggle to get a lot of January signings fit and we were forced to play likes of Watson out of position at right back.

Looking forward to seeing what we can achieve with a full pre-season and now we’ve strengthened some key areas. If there’s no improvement then he’ll be open criticism.

Interesting that your example of a good team got knocked out of the world cup in that match. ��
    My example of a good team was Ayr

Interesting that your example of a good team got knocked out of the world cup in that match. 🤔
    Not sure i understand what you mean there?

I didnt see Japan in the game Stoke refers to, but i did see an earlier game where they played better than many a United team i have seen over the last few seasons! Passing and movement in attack was great to watch.

Japan played well but so did the Netherlands IMO, it was a high quality match. Ultimately Japan's good play won them nothing, it's about results. This rings true to us now. Since Robbie took charge he's got results fairly consistently. OK, a lot of the performances may not have been great (we did win a lot of games by the odd goal) but results are everything.
    Last edited by TerryTheTerror; 26-06-2019 at 10:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daly9 View Post
    I don’t disagree re style but I do disagree he’s not a good coach.

He took over a side who’d been dumped out an easy league cup group and had 11 points from first 8-9 games. We were destined to be scrapping down the bottom like Partick and Falkirk yet come January he had the same group of players clear in 3rd and gunning down 2nd.

After deadline day we picked up more points than any other team in the league. That was an achievement given it was a struggle to get a lot of January signings fit and we were forced to play likes of Watson out of position at right back.

Looking forward to seeing what we can achieve with a full pre-season and now we’ve strengthened some key areas. If there’s no improvement then he’ll be open criticism.
    A good counter. Maybe I've been expecting too much too quickly.

A good counter. Maybe I've been expecting too much too quickly.
    I think it’s easy to forget just how bad we were when Neilson took over so I credit him with what he achieved.

There’s no doubt there’s a lot more work that needs to be done if we’re to be successful this season though. The good thing is for the first time we’re starting off with a decent base whereas a lot of our competitors are building from scratch and we know how tough that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Daly9 View Post
    I think it’s easy to forget just how bad we were when Neilson took over so I credit him with what he achieved.

There’s no doubt there’s a lot more work that needs to be done if we’re to be successful this season though. The good thing is for the first time we’re starting off with a decent base whereas a lot of our competitors are building from scratch and we know how tough that is.
    It's all fair comment. But why do you think we look so disjointed at times, so panicked in possession after 4 months of having these players together?

It's all fair comment. But why do you think we look so disjointed at times, so panicked in possession after 4 months of having these players together?
    It’s a definite concern.

Hoping 2 new full backs will be good as neither Watson or Robson are good enough in possession which forced our centre backs to constantly punt long. I’d also consider playing Bouhenna alongside Reynolds particularly in home games where we’re favourites as he offers much more composure.

In an attacking sense I’m hoping McMullan can carry his end of season form into new season and in Clark, Smith, Pawlett and Sow we’ve got players who have proven they can be a threat and score goals but they’ve all been stop start with injuries. Maybe around 20 goals between them last season, we should be asking for double that this time around.

Page 22 of 127 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272122 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)