+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 23 of 127 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373123 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer rumour thread 19/20

The Shankland thing seems to be gathering some momentum. I’d be delighted if this comes off but I’m concerned that this has come out as it now shows our hand that he’s our number one choice up front, so we’ll be left with egg on our faces if it doesn’t and anyone else who did subsequently come in would know that they were behind Shankland in the pecking order. Just like the Funsters with their managerial merry go round.

We’ll just have to wait and see I guess.................

Quote Originally Posted by Daly9 View Post
    I don’t disagree re style but I do disagree he’s not a good coach.

He took over a side who’d been dumped out an easy league cup group and had 11 points from first 8-9 games. We were destined to be scrapping down the bottom like Partick and Falkirk yet come January he had the same group of players clear in 3rd and gunning down 2nd.

After deadline day we picked up more points than any other team in the league. That was an achievement given it was a struggle to get a lot of January signings fit and we were forced to play likes of Watson out of position at right back.

Looking forward to seeing what we can achieve with a full pre-season and now we’ve strengthened some key areas. If there’s no improvement then he’ll be open criticism.
    Totally agree.

Although I think our two new full backs will help the balance big time when attacking.

Still think we’re crying out for a ball playing midfielder in a Charlie Miller mould!

Fingers out United.

Quote Originally Posted by AussieArab44 View Post
    Don’t disagree but I do wonder how much achieving all your wishes would cost? No doubt several times our budget!
    Your example says you’d want Mcall back? Do you really mean that?
    i want a manager who sets us up to win, not sets us up not to get beat. one up front against, no disrespected here but f cuking part timers who during the day are on building sites and f cuking factories yet we're paying top dollar wages to proven strikers and playing only one of them or one on the f cuking wing ffs .

Neilson is a bottler based on what i've seen since his time in charge, granted we have been better than we were with the clown but not by much

Is it really too much to ask for us to play attacking football with 2 up front? would that cost anything if the manager wasn't as stubborn as he was, no, it wouldn't...

The example of jobby is a good example of playing players to their potential, not out of position, Cammy Smith anyone? but that doesnt mean i would want McCall back at Tannadice.
    Last edited by offshore_arab83; 27-06-2019 at 12:05 PM.

It depends on your perspective but you could easily argue we have been playing 4 up front with the striker, number ten, and two wide players. 🤔🙂

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    It depends on your perspective but you could easily argue we have been playing 4 up front with the striker, number ten, and two wide players. ����
    You could Terry but not many others!

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    It depends on your perspective but you could easily argue we have been playing 4 up front with the striker, number ten, and two wide players. ����
    absolutely no f ucking way mate lol

These recent posts show what a Utd manager is up against unfortunately, even when they have improved many areas after only one window and got results showing they can have us challenging for the title over a full season

It's not like Safranko was played wide very often and it worked a couple times when he was used there, Dingwall away when he scored and if Gomis etc had manege to clear lines in the last minute would have saw Neilson win 3 out of 3 vs County without conceding and done a Dingwall double (we were the only team to win up there as it was)

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    These recent posts show what a Utd manager is up against unfortunately, even when they have improved many areas after only one window and got results showing they can have us challenging for the title over a full season

It's not like Safranko was played wide very often and it worked a couple times when he was used there, Dingwall away when he scored and if Gomis etc had manege to clear lines in the last minute would have saw Neilson win 3 out of 3 vs County without conceding and done a Dingwall double (we were the only team to win up there as it was)
    Calm down dear. It's just an objective debate about how good he's been so far etc. No one is calling for his head, everyone supports him and no one is getting emotional about it. Well except you.

If you cant debate how good your coach actually is what are you allowed, please let us know.

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post

play 2 up top and go for it rather than this 4-2-3-1 negative pish. simple.

Not gonna work if you lose the midfield. You’d end up firing long balls up the park.

Page 23 of 127 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)