+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 27 of 127 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer rumour thread 19/20

Banks spoke very well on the zone, seems to have a great attitude and Clyde fans reckon he is a very good player, be interesting to see if by end of August he remains a part of the squad or goes on another loan

If we go with Sow as our main striker and DFC go with Nelson as their NO9 they will walk the league,sorry for posting this but i cant see us winning the league with a bone idle player leading the line.I agree with Affshore if we play Sow he needs a partner he must never be allowed to set foot on Tannadice Park in a 4-2-3-1.

Completely agree Gunboat.

Obviously that won't be the plan or we wouldn't be in for he likes of Shankland, just aswell we have 5 weeks left till the league starts

Worrying about the recently relegated ones though, Nelson is the only player from them I think is a good player, if he stays fit they should finish top 4, but that's a big if

Let's just watch and see how the next few weeks pan out

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    If we go with Sow as our main striker and DFC go with Nelson as their NO9 they will walk the league,sorry for posting this but i cant see us winning the league with a bone idle player leading the line.I agree with Affshore if we play Sow he needs a partner he must never be allowed to set foot on Tannadice Park in a 4-2-3-1.
    Million percent G!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    There's an assumption that Dundee will be a serious threat for the league. I'm in no way convinced they won't struggle. I think ICT and Partick could well be our main challengers.

Agree that Sow needs a partner, though.

Genuinely not just saying this, but I think Dundee will be in for a shock this season. Now, they may well finish top four. But they are not coming up, not with that manager.

I'm not sure mate cause seemingly Jazza's at the wheel

Quote Originally Posted by PartyFears2 View Post
    Genuinely not just saying this, but I think Dundee will be in for a shock this season. Now, they may well finish top four. But they are not coming up, not with that manager.
    No sure where you get that from... he's done nothing in management so he might fail there's no denying that...but I think there's one thing we know is the level of competition we're up against...now for as bad as we were last season I think the signings we've made are quite encouraging and the teams we're up against in my opinion have been weakened from last season although there may be more additions to come...quite surprised how most people on here are not too concerned at your lack of activity in the transfer market considering you couldn't get out of the worst championship in living memory and have lost your main striker...but as they say time will tell

Two weaker championships then the one just finished in the last few years alone, 2013/14 and 2017/18

You're going to find out in due course peter especially if Nelson can't stay fit, it's funny to see you lot deelude yourself and get all excited every summer until reality hits

Page 27 of 127 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)