+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 127 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer rumour thread 19/20

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    He had a few mistakes during the season, no denying that. Calling him a bomb-scare is pure hyperbole IMO. If that were true there wouldn't be interest from anywhere.
    Short memories on here.

Not for me, just see things differently from you.

Not for me, just see things differently from you.
    I didn't say I called him a bomb-scare, I said he has been called that on here many times. That's not a matter of opinion, simply recall.

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    I didn't say he was a decent goalkeeper. What I said was is it not possible for a player to develop and improve.
    One minute were being told the reason we're still down is it takes time for a team to develop and gel. Next thing, the keeper starts improving (a bit before the playoffs) and everyone wants rid.
    Following this logic Craig Conway wouldn't have been in the 2010 cup winning side.
    I don't really think hoping that a goalkeeper improves is what we need when we have to hit the ground running at the start of next season. We need a good keeper that our defence has real confidence in.

Quote Originally Posted by jjaflup22 View Post
    I don't really think hoping that a goalkeeper improves is what we need when we have to hit the ground running at the start of next season. We need a good keeper that our defence has real confidence in.
    From what i have seen and by the way that's limited we need a good defence that our keeper has confidence in,if its the keeper who is the weak link why are Crystal Palace not going for our central defenders instead?.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    From what i have seen and by the way that's limited we need a good defence that our keeper has confidence in,if its the keeper who is the weak link why are Crystal Palace not going for our central defenders instead?.

Any team looking for a decent keeper would of course be interested if they had been scouting him in the last month or so, particularly in the playoffs.

He's been really good in them.

Take these 4 games away and well, if Offshore is sorting his travel, i'll help pack his bags.

Quote Originally Posted by Wullie View Post
    Any team looking for a decent keeper would of course be interested if they had been scouting him in the last month or so, particularly in the playoffs.

He's been really good in them.

Take these 4 games away and well, if Offshore is sorting his travel, i'll help pack his bags.
    😂

I understand that and what i am saying is i do not believe Palace want him,there is not a cat in hell's chance that a team from the richest league in the world would scout a keeper on the back of 4 games at the level we are at.Its merely wishful thinking on my part that anyone in their right mind from any English league would be willing to part money for two of the worst defenders i have ever witnessed in United's colours.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    ...two of the worst defenders i have ever witnessed in United's colours.
    Wow, Reynolds and Connolly are not even remotely close to this IMHO.

Wow, Reynolds and Connolly are not even remotely close to this IMHO.
    Well i go back to the Doug Smith era and barring other central defenders since relegation at Dens i cannot think of many who are as bad on the ball,or just didnt want the ball to match the two you mention.I have had the privilege to play with central defenders who could chest the ball down and spray passes from the back that the latter could only dream about and they never earned a penny from the game,FACT.

Page 3 of 127 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)