+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 127 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer rumour thread 19/20

Reynolds
    18 starts 8 cleansheets 13 conceded
    Won 11 drew 3 lost 4
    Without Reynolds
    Other 31 matches 8 cleansheets* 37 conceded
    Won 14 drew 10 lost 7

Connolly
    15 starts 6 cleansheets 11 conceded
    Won 8 drew 4 lost 3
    Without Connolly
    Other 34 matches 10 cleansheets* 39 conceded
    Won 17 drew 9 lost 8

*Elgin & Montrose included

Made a difference and more than capable of doing well for us in this division, although I prefer Reynolds/Bouhenna overall

Not in defence but the key improvement/combination for us is when Butcher and Harkes both start together as our cm pairing

Butcher & Harkes starting together since start of Feb
    11 matches
    Won 8 drew 2 lost 1

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Reynolds
    18 starts 8 cleansheets 13 conceded
    Won 11 drew 3 lost 4
    Without Reynolds
    Other 31 matches 8 cleansheets* 37 conceded
    Won 14 drew 10 lost 7

Connolly
    15 starts 6 cleansheets 11 conceded
    Won 8 drew 4 lost 3
    Without Connolly
    Other 34 matches 10 cleansheets* 39 conceded
    Won 17 drew 9 lost 8

*Elgin & Montrose included

Made a difference and more than capable of doing well for us in this division, although I prefer Reynolds/Bouhenna overall

Not in defence but the key improvement/combination for us is when Butcher and Harkes both start together as our cm pairing

Butcher & Harkes starting together since start of Feb
    11 matches
    Won 8 drew 2 lost 1
    Any Funster watching our play off games will have taken heart from the lack of composure shown from our two central defenders.To here a Dundee United defender screaming to his keeper NO,NO,NO when there was not an attacking player near him was humiliating,Connolly makes Durnan look a player to be honest.
    The best central defender on the pitch in the play off final was 33 year old Gary MacKenzie and he was FN stinking at his peak,FACT.

Durnan? Now there is a classic example of a defender who isn't very good at actually defending!

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Well i go back to the Doug Smith era and barring other central defenders since relegation at Dens i cannot think of many who are as bad on the ball,or just didnt want the ball to match the two you mention.I have had the privilege to play with central defenders who could chest the ball down and spray passes from the back that the latter could only dream about and they never earned a penny from the game,FACT.
    Not wanting to disagree, but everyone always forgets Armand Benneker signed as a centre half for Utd.
    With his flowing blonde locks....and void of any footballing skill.

He is always my all time worst ever Utd defender.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Durnan? Now there is a classic example of a defender who isn't very good at actually defending!
    Thinking back Terry you are right,i have taken it too far mate.

Quote Originally Posted by jjaflup22 View Post
    I think the word 'bombscare' was used for most of the season. Four decent play-off games does not a goalkeeper make.
    agreed a million percent

Quote Originally Posted by Wullie View Post
    Any team looking for a decent keeper would of course be interested if they had been scouting him in the last month or so, particularly in the playoffs.

He's been really good in them.

Take these 4 games away and well, if Offshore is sorting his travel, i'll help pack his bags.
    hello Wullie, good to see you back mate!!!

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    agreed a million percent
    McMullan's had about the same number of decent games but no one's on about getting rid of him?

Quote Originally Posted by MagicMugs View Post
    Not wanting to disagree, but everyone always forgets Armand Benneker signed as a centre half for Utd.
    With his flowing blonde locks....and void of any footballing skill.

He is always my all time worst ever Utd defender.
    Julian Alsford was worse IMO

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    McMullan's had about the same number of decent games but no one's on about getting rid if him?
    i wouldnt have gave him a deal and everyone knows that, especially his best pal on here
    P.S yer bang right Stokey!!!

Edit to add - no ones rumoured of being interested in him, wonder why....

Page 4 of 127 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)