+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 127 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer rumour thread 19/20

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    Julian Alsford was worse IMO
    The list is long, for about Darren Patterson and Kevin McGowane, for starters.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Thinking back Terry you are right,i have taken it too far mate.
    Ha ha. We have a long tradition of signing defenders who can play but can't defend. Best recent example has to be Donaldson.

Connolly is a bombscare most of the time but Reynolds will do a job in the championship hopefully beside Bouhenna.

Have we really given Reynolds a 3 year contract though ? If so then I think our 1 more year in the championship plan hasn't really been thought through has it? No way if we get up next season can we expect Reynolds play 2 more seasons in the top league.

If the goalie can start commanding his 6 yard box and just crosses into the box in general then he will /would be a top player as the rest of his game is actually quite good.

Quote Originally Posted by MagicMugs View Post
    Not wanting to disagree, but everyone always forgets Armand Benneker signed as a centre half for Utd.
    With his flowing blonde locks....and void of any footballing skill.

He is always my all time worst ever Utd defender.
    Julian alsford anybody?

I've no interest in how he compares to past players, I just know Connolly terrifies me. I said to one of my mates at the start of these play offs that he would do something stupid that would cost us. He didn't let me down. He's erratic, impulsive and utterly f ucking incapable of passing a ball with any accuracy. He's a risk. I lost count of the number of stupid, needless free kicks he gave away in the 1st leg alone. I'd rather see Frans or Bouhenna alongside Reynolds next season. At least they have a bit of composure about them.

Yeah, I thought Connelly was well dodgy in the first leg against Inverness too. Reynolds is a good defender and footballer though, I'm glad we've got him signed up for a few years.

Quote Originally Posted by marradonna View Post
    Julian alsford anybody?
    great minds lol

Oh no we have the new Graham/Donaldson replacement.
    Let's crucify Connolly.
    We always seem to need someone in our miserable lives.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Yeah, I thought Connelly was well dodgy in the first leg against Inverness too. Reynolds is a good defender and footballer though, I'm glad we've got him signed up for a few years.
    I like Reynolds and I think he's a very good signing for us, but he wasn't much better in the 2 games against St Mirren to be honest. He seemed a lot less composed than usual. I think they all did, to be fair. Except for big Bou. He strolled it.

Quote Originally Posted by ARAbCHNID View Post
    Oh no we have the new Graham/Donaldson replacement.
    Let's crucify Connolly.
    We always seem to need someone in our miserable lives.
    I think crucify is a tad excessive. Folk are only debating the quality (or lack of) of a footballer whose wages we actually pay.

Page 5 of 127 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)