+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 70 of 127 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280120 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer rumour thread 19/20

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    Agree to an extent on a strange departure. But Shankland im sure has a ready deputy in Appere, then Clark, Smith, Pawlett and McMullan who can all play up top with with Louis. But who do we have to cover other positions if it goes wrong?
    I think only Appere is the only one who could possibly play as a proper centre forward out of that list.

Clark is a bit meh and the other 3 are better running from deeper positions.

I think we've done really well getting rid of a lot of dross over the summer with only Sow & Bouhenna the only 2 I'd have kept.

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    Disagree Sow is a strange departure. All the signs were at first Robbie wanted to play him at all costs, then all of a sudden nah.
    Theres maybe more to this than meets the eye.
    All about opinions Stokie but as TTT says injuries have hampered him, no denying it and maybe as rumour has it re Frear - we've perhaps tightened up our medical due to the Sow situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    All about opinions Stokie but as TTT says injuries have hampered him, no denying it and maybe as rumour has it re Frear - we've perhaps tightened up our medical due to the Sow situation.
    Agreed mate. I wanted him to do well for us but sadly we never got the chance to see it. I think it's been a good days work. Aird Frans Sow all off the wage bill. I wonder if Robbie (Asghar) has his eye on an out of contract CB?

Sow to Killie 'til January, possibly to get games and come back match-fit for the run-in? 🤔

Quote Originally Posted by ranaldarab View Post
    Sow to Killie 'til January, possibly to get games and come back match-fit for the run-in? 🤔
    This is what I think is going on.

Now he's fit he needs to get game time. I think this is a good loan deal for us. Gives us an opportunity to see if he can stay fit and find form. Gives Sow chance to prove he is worth us hanging on to him.

Also, I presume Killie are paying all, or most, of his wage, so a bit of a saving £ there too.

And what happens if Appere tears a hamstring in the next League game? Who then plays that particular role in our, now, current squad? There are a lot of games to be played between now and January.

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    With the attack we've got could play Benji in the back 4 and no one would notice.

Seriously tho, agree with you, one good CB in and we're done. Maybe someone knows something we don’t.
    I had wondered if we might have picked up a young defender on loan from a bigger club (see Kilmarnock have gone down this road). There are some promising ones not getting games down south, but maybe too costly. However, I think we are reasonably covered. There is always the “emergency loan” route if disaster strikes (everyone else seems to use it).

Quote Originally Posted by Noddydog View Post
    I had wondered if we might have picked up a young defender on loan from a bigger club (see Kilmarnock have gone down this road). There are some promising ones not getting games down south, but maybe too costly. However, I think we are reasonably covered. There is always the “emergency loan” route if disaster strikes (everyone else seems to use it).
    I saw Ralston go to fermers. He was good player for us despite playing in poor team.

Robbie said he wanted small, hungry squad at Q and A

Chance for reinforcements in January if needed

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    And what happens if Appere tears a hamstring in the next League game? Who then plays that particular role in our, now, current squad? There are a lot of games to be played between now and January.
    You can say that aboot most of the players, what if? Lets be brutally honest here, Sow was piss poor for us, i said it from day 1 on here and was shot doon for no giving him a chance, sorry but he never done a full 90, anytime he started he was subbed aff and anytime he came on he was awful. Losing Sow is no great loss, whats the point in having a player that cant actually play without risk of injury???

We've got Clark who was good for u last season who for some reason has been written off this season? Smith who is a natural no.10 and was PFA POTY at St Mirren just the other season. These two IMO are far better options than Sow. Add to that McMullan and Pawlett can both play upfront too

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    Just worried if Reynolds takes an injury now as we dont have a natural left footed CB. With Connolly injured and Butcher still a rush of blood away from a sending off, there is still Watson, but that doesnt fill me with confidence.

Suppose when at Falkirk, i remember Watson on the left quite a bit, so one man to cover along the back if all goes tits!
    Have we got any reserves that could step up at CB if required or is that a nah.

Page 70 of 127 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280120 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)