+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 77 of 127 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer rumour thread 19/20

Not sure why or whether we need him, but I have a Craig Gordon’s on his way feeling

we dont need watson,clark or stanton in premiership. not any way good enough but will get us up. Just saying.

Disagree, for me it's not just about that (although for me they can all do a job and be valuable squad players), they have all racked up a lot of appearances, especially Stanton, they are part of the good feeling about the club, you don't just get rid of those kind of players willy nilly, certainly not straight away, see how the first season progresses and go from there

They help create the environment with competition and good attitudes that run of on the younger players and anyone new coming in

dont get me wrong watson has been immense in his rightful position. stanton last 5/6 games ok and clark likewise. But maybe as you so as cover. anyway great to talk about options given mixus days etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Disagree, for me it's not just about that (although for me they can all do a job and be valuable squad players), they have all racked up a lot of appearances, especially Stanton, they are part of the good feeling about the club, you don't just get rid of those kind of players willy nilly, certainly not straight away, see how the first season progresses and go from there

They help create the environment with competition and good attitudes that run of on the younger players and anyone new coming in
    very good post

Quote Originally Posted by Shedboy1971 View Post
    we dont need watson,clark or stanton in premiership. not any way good enough but will get us up. Just saying.
    I kinda agree with you on Stanton & Clark but Watson might be a decent back up. If/when we do go up it all depends on the managers/owners ambition, obviously the main priority is to remain in the top league but if we really want to kick on then we need better.

Keeping a strong core squad doesn't mean we won't also strengthen, if we are promoted, Clark is only a year extension for one, they will be that first season where you can strengthen but keep the core of the team that got us their and imo are already as good as more than one side in the league above

Personally think all those who get us up if they do - one game at a time remember - will deserve a fair chance. Yes improve but keep the successful core

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post

agree with this, if we were looking to replace and improve, these 3 would be prime candidates for that as they haven't exactly shown sustained periods of being great at this levell........ however we have been dismantling and rebuilding squads for 3 years prior to last January and its no co-incendence stability is helping us kick on. We should be looking to to what we did this summer and add better players where we are weakest (this time left mid, backup full backs?) and not making drastic changes.

The bigger debate for me is what to do in January, ie do we start bringing in boys in with view for next season, look at pre-contracts of better players for the summer or just continue to worry about the rest of this season! For now i would concentrate on this season but if by mid January we haven't slowed down our pace id be considering next season.

Daft question maybe but here we go anyway..
    Is the Premiership more physical than the Championship?
    I'm not watching much of it at the moment. The sense I get is that it is? Myth or not

Page 77 of 127 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)