Get your very own personalised THE EXEC LOUNGE gifts!
Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 409

Thread: Transfer rumour thread 19/20

  1. #141
    Quote Originally Posted by bobafett View Post
    Robson is a far better footballer (and prospect) than Booth. I've always said there was a player there if he stopped being a f@nny. Neilson seems to have knocked that out of him. Not the finished article yet but I think he can be a big player for us the next 3 or 4 years. I think people forget he's still only 21.
    disagree

  2. #142
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi u-Knighted View Post
    A couple of weeks ago, I was reading stuff like Sam Nicholson and Chris Cadden were done deals.! They might well be but never been mentioned since.

    Gotta love the close season ��
    Players etc are all still on holiday mate, be a week or so and they'll all be back and then the signings should start

  3. #143
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    17,609
    Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    massively disagree, Booth is solid and performs better at LB than Robson, Robson is 'so so' at left mid but certainly not a position he should command

    Dont get the whole JR love in thing.

    No love, just see him as clearly the better player and still only 21 with more experience, matured in attitude and plenty room for improvement with his prime years still to come

    Booth is bog standard, already at his best and that's average

  4. #144
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,751
    Both are pish, let's face it. Robson might get better, Booth certainly won't. Robson is decent cover for both left back & left mid however.
    Let's get a proper left midfielder in with pace and trickery instead of using a makeshift one.

  5. #145
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    336
    This 100%

  6. #146
    I seem to recall that the Dundee Courier and Evening Telegraph had reported that United was meant to be holding talks with Alborg about Safranko.

    While it is a few weeks or so ago now the fact that that it has gone all quiet has me assuming that it was just paper talk with no evidence to support it unless I have missed anything else said about any such move.

    I suppose failing to get promoted would have been an issue for making his stay permanent.

  7. #147
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    280
    Quote Originally Posted by Ex Baku Arab View Post
    I seem to recall that the Dundee Courier and Evening Telegraph had reported that United was meant to be holding talks with Alborg about Safranko.

    While it is a few weeks or so ago now the fact that that it has gone all quiet has me assuming that it was just paper talk with no evidence to support it unless I have missed anything else said about any such move.

    I suppose failing to get promoted would have been an issue for making his stay permanent.
    I think hes leaving, for 3 reasons. His wages, reported signing fee and the player wanting to play in the premier.

    However, Im not that gutted. Genuinely dont believe hes as good as people make out. He holds it up well, puts in a shift and has the odd moment of brilliance. But he also misses a load of chances and can disappear in games. Id like him as an option but also believe the budget can be wisely spent on a couple of decent players

  8. #148
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    11,134
    Quote Originally Posted by Ex Baku Arab View Post
    I seem to recall that the Dundee Courier and Evening Telegraph had reported that United was meant to be holding talks with Alborg about Safranko.

    While it is a few weeks or so ago now the fact that that it has gone all quiet has me assuming that it was just paper talk with no evidence to support it unless I have missed anything else said about any such move.

    I suppose failing to get promoted would have been an issue for making his stay permanent.
    I have a feeling we'll sign a Spanish speaking CF
    to keep Adrian company. Just a hunch

  9. #149
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    280
    Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    I have a feeling we'll sign a Spanish speaking CF
    to keep Adrian company. Just a hunch
    Just a hunch 😁what do you know stokey?

  10. #150
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    11,134
    Quote Originally Posted by arabianglory View Post
    Just a hunch ��what do you know stokey?
    Not a lot! Would be surprised if we sign one south American with Spanish as his first language and let him get lonely and possibly homesick. It's a very big culture change for a South American. I think Asghar said something about worldwide contacts, just a guess really.

  11. #151
    Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    I have a feeling we'll sign a Spanish speaking CF
    to keep Adrian company. Just a hunch
    That makes sense especially if the club are looking to get a foot into the market in that part of the world and with the proposed tie up with Boca and as you say a fellow Spanish speaker would certainly help him.

    It will be interesting to see if any more South Americans will also be brought over this summer or if it will be a gradual process over a period of time.

    I would imagine Scottish Championship football will be a bit of a shock to him compared with the Argentine top flight.

    Certainly interesting to see players being looked at from a different market though, rather than your usual Scottish or European markets.

  12. #152
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    11,134
    Quote Originally Posted by Ex Baku Arab View Post
    That makes sense especially if the club are looking to get a foot into the market in that part of the world and with the proposed tie up with Boca and as you say a fellow Spanish speaker would certainly help him.

    It will be interesting to see if any more South Americans will also be brought over this summer or if it will be a gradual process over a period of time.

    I would imagine Scottish Championship football will be a bit of a shock to him compared with the Argentine top flight.

    Certainly interesting to see players being looked at from a different market though, rather than your usual Scottish or European markets.
    There's some players in the lower Spanish leagues (just as an example) that would be phenomenal in the Championship in the right formation and the right team. By that I mean a team playing g possession based football. Not too many would want to move to Scotland as their horizons are very Spanish/Italian/French. But the ones that have ambition beyond that could be tempted, maybe for not much more than a season though.

  13. #153
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    11,134
    Maybe the club is getting better at preventing leaks?
    No rumours.

    Three weeks tomorrow we begin our season away at Hearts.

  14. #154
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    17,609
    Which is a good thing if so, only 3 and a half weeks since we last played as well, don't need wholesale changes and main thing is bent ready for start of August... Can still go with what we have and do well in this group

  15. #155
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,478
    Don't disagree often with what offshore puts up here but Callum Booth is defensively as bad as Cammy Kerr.

    No a huge fan of JR but if I had to play one I'd play JR.

    Let's hope the argie boys good eh.

  16. #156
    I agree with offshore and think Booth is a very decent left back.

  17. #157
    Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    I agree with offshore and think Booth is a very decent left back.
    hes defo better than JR

    Put it this way, no one really mentions him, does his job and goes forward well.

  18. #158
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,478
    Going forward I agree hes decent, but as I said defensively, hes poor.

  19. #159
    For what it's worth, I think the left has looked as secure as it has for a long time with Booth left back and Robson left mid.

  20. #160
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    257
    So, with Pavel gone, we're looking for a striker. I think we'll hedge our bets and bring in a couple of strikers. Probably an 'unknown' to us ( shades of Sandaza) and another who is probably a more familiar name.

    Any ideas?

Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •