+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 28 of 127 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer rumour thread 19/20

Quote Originally Posted by petermackie View Post
    quite surprised how most people on here are not too concerned at your lack of activity in the transfer market considering you couldn't get out of the worst championship in living memory and have lost your main striker...but as they say time will tell
    Probably due to the fact there is still 2 months of the transfer window left and only the deadwood are available at this time of the window.

the way I see it, they are in the same state we were in 3 years ago, with a rookie gaffer.

They are jubilant with their signings, they don’t even remotely seem pissed off they got relegated. And I’ll tell you why that is.

United stayed down.

if they finish say 5th / 6th this season, and United don’t go up, it won’t even register as a bad season. And I know I am 100% correct here.

Its early days but they seem to be having orgasms over their signings so far. Understandable given what they've had to endure. That makes them better but by how much?
    Time to make comparison is when both clubs have finished their business. One thing I wont be doing is writing anyone in this league off.

Interesting that they've gone to La Manga for training because its 31 degrees here at 8pm tonight. Not sure that's ideal for training. Most local games in the summer are played 9pm onwards.

Also interesting to see that they were all for signing Shankland last January, very excited they were, but now hes linked with us he's suddenly injury prone and no very good. Usual Dee luded stuff. Why cant fans just say I'd be pissed off if he signs for the opposition because hes a good player. Is that too grown up?

Let's see what it looks like in a few weeks.
    Last edited by stokearab; 01-07-2019 at 06:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    Its early days but they seem to be having orgasms over their signings so far. Understandable given what they've had to endure. That makes them better but by how much?
    Time to make comparison is when both clubs have finished their business. One thing I wont be doing is writing anyone in this league off.

Interesting that they've gone to La Manga for training because its 31 degrees here at 8pm tonight. Not sure that's ideal for training. Most local games in the summer are played 9pm onwards.

Also interesting to see that they were all for signing Shankland last January, very excited they were, but now hes linked with us he's suddenly injury prone and no very good. Usual Dee luded stuff. Why cant fans just say I'd be pissed off if he signs for the opposition because hes a good player. Is that too grown up?

Let's see what it looks like in a few weeks.
    No doubt Shankland is a player and will score 20+ in this league which could be the difference between going up and staying down... But would be surprised if he doesn't move to England....think we've made decent signings...no more than that and still need another striker...but I think we'll be starting this season with the best looking squad we've had since 2015/16 and against lesser opposition we should be ok...maybe even start winning at Dens again 😋

No doubt Shankland is a player and will score 20+ in this league which could be the difference between going up and staying down... But would be surprised if he doesn't move to England....think we've made decent signings...no more than that and still need another striker...but I think we'll be starting this season with the best looking squad we've had since 2015/16 and against lesser opposition we should be ok...maybe even start winning at Dens again ��
    The great thing about McPake is he'll get a very long honeymoon even if it goes tits up by December. Dee fans seem to have different rules for managers depending on whether they played for the club or not.

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    The great thing about McPake is he'll get a very long honeymoon even if it goes tits up by December. Dee fans seem to have different rules for managers depending on whether they played for the club or not.
    Don't disagree about McPake...but it's similar on your side of the road... there's no way Shabba would've got away with some of the decisions and ultimate failure to go up that Neilson has been afforded...but will be interesting to see how is honeymoon period lasts if we start well and you don't...anyway time will tell

Don't disagree about McPake...but it's similar on your side of the road... there's no way Shabba would've got away with some of the decisions and ultimate failure to go up that Neilson has been afforded...but will be interesting to see how is honeymoon period lasts if we start well and you don't...anyway time will tell
    Don't think Neilson is getting any leeway because he played for us. I can't really agree with the comparison. And if you recall a lot of Dees were wanting Neilson. Fact.
    Last edited by stokearab; 01-07-2019 at 08:05 PM.

I'm happy at the majority of our signings some I don't know to much about.Forster,Byrne and Ness are imo a big improvement on what we had.
    McGee Mcdaid,Todd and marshal I don't know to much about.
    Nelson shud have fun in this league tho.

Quote Originally Posted by eric_sinclair View Post
    I'm happy at the majority of our signings some I don't know to much about.Forster,Byrne and Ness are imo a big improvement on what we had.
    McGee Mcdaid,Todd and marshal I don't know to much about.
    Nelson shud have fun in this league tho.
    When fit Eric. And don't underestimate teams in this league. The bottom half scrap for their lives. Your signings are streets ahead of what you had, but will that be good enough? We'll see
    Last edited by stokearab; 01-07-2019 at 08:02 PM.

Page 28 of 127 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)