+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 16 of 127 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666116 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer rumour thread 19/20

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    I have a feeling we'll sign a Spanish speaking CF
    to keep Adrian company. Just a hunch
    That makes sense especially if the club are looking to get a foot into the market in that part of the world and with the proposed tie up with Boca and as you say a fellow Spanish speaker would certainly help him.

It will be interesting to see if any more South Americans will also be brought over this summer or if it will be a gradual process over a period of time.

I would imagine Scottish Championship football will be a bit of a shock to him compared with the Argentine top flight.

Certainly interesting to see players being looked at from a different market though, rather than your usual Scottish or European markets.

Quote Originally Posted by Ex Baku Arab View Post
    That makes sense especially if the club are looking to get a foot into the market in that part of the world and with the proposed tie up with Boca and as you say a fellow Spanish speaker would certainly help him.

It will be interesting to see if any more South Americans will also be brought over this summer or if it will be a gradual process over a period of time.

I would imagine Scottish Championship football will be a bit of a shock to him compared with the Argentine top flight.

Certainly interesting to see players being looked at from a different market though, rather than your usual Scottish or European markets.
    There's some players in the lower Spanish leagues (just as an example) that would be phenomenal in the Championship in the right formation and the right team. By that I mean a team playing g possession based football. Not too many would want to move to Scotland as their horizons are very Spanish/Italian/French. But the ones that have ambition beyond that could be tempted, maybe for not much more than a season though.

Maybe the club is getting better at preventing leaks?
    No rumours.

Three weeks tomorrow we begin our season away at Hearts.

Which is a good thing if so, only 3 and a half weeks since we last played as well, don't need wholesale changes and main thing is bent ready for start of August... Can still go with what we have and do well in this group

Don't disagree often with what offshore puts up here but Callum Booth is defensively as bad as Cammy Kerr.

No a huge fan of JR but if I had to play one I'd play JR.

Let's hope the argie boys good eh.

I agree with offshore and think Booth is a very decent left back.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    I agree with offshore and think Booth is a very decent left back.
    hes defo better than JR

Put it this way, no one really mentions him, does his job and goes forward well.

Going forward I agree hes decent, but as I said defensively, hes poor.

For what it's worth, I think the left has looked as secure as it has for a long time with Booth left back and Robson left mid.

So, with Pavel gone, we're looking for a striker. I think we'll hedge our bets and bring in a couple of strikers. Probably an 'unknown' to us ( shades of Sandaza) and another who is probably a more familiar name.

Any ideas?

Page 16 of 127 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666116 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)