+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 40 of 127 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer rumour thread 19/20

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    FWIW i like the laddie at CB and DM, i rate him better than Connolly at CB and he seems to breeze through games at DM
    apart fae last night of course....

Easily his worst game for us.

Just wanted too much time on the ball, still I like Rachid but prefer Butcher Harkes combo, Stanton was impressive last night until moved to the left after Sporle sub

Definitely has something to offer further forward central

Was he totally overrun at any time though? Last night wasnt his best, and he maybe should have been sent off, but i think he will breeze through the championship if given the chance this season.

....Stanton is a no 10 for me....but what do I know??From what I have seen of him he can fall out of games....then again he does get moved about position wise and I believe there is an issue with training regularly?

I don't even know what his favoured position is??

Quote Originally Posted by Eamons_lost_wig_04 View Post
    ....Stanton is a no 10 for me....but what do I know??From what I have seen of him he can fall out of games....then again he does get moved about position wise and I believe there is an issue with training regularly?

I don't even know what his favoured position is??
    The way we started the game the other night, i think we saw what Stanton is best at. He is by no stretch of anyones imagination a defensive midfielder which is where he has been utilized all too often, something too many cant see past! Would love to see him in our team with a reliable defensive midfielder so he can be pushed further forward just behind Shankland and Smith. He can then run through defenses like he did v Hearts, getting assists and the odd goal. Christ we might even start getting the 6 goals that Ray claimed we all wanted! If we had that reliable DCM and 2 up front.

First game is the season and Stanton delivers a great cross for our goal. That'll probably be it now for another 6 games...

Hearing we are about to trim the squad. Bouhenna wants to go, Booth & Smith both surplus to requirements and surprisingly Frans allowed to leave.

Where you hear this

Are we allowed to play trialists in the cup group games? If not i expect we will have a bounce game through the week for Robbie to get a look at Ben Hall in a game, then i expect we may see some defensive moves out.

Booth and (Matty) Smith i agree need to move on, but Frans for now is the only left sided defender cover we have, and i cant see why Bouhenna would want to leave after the good games he has had, and one he should learn from.

Page 40 of 127 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)