+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 43 of 127 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer rumour thread 19/20

Quote Originally Posted by bobafett View Post
    Booth's a horse's @rse. If we have ambitions of moving forward and becoming an established SPL team again we'll need better players than him. Robson will improve and has much more to his game anyway but I suspect Sporle will be no 1 choice this season. We don't need 3 Left Backs and Booth is the one I'm happiest with losing.

I'd be disappointed to lose Bouhenna but if he wants to go and we get a wee bit cash for him so be it.

I'm all for having patience to develop young players but it looks to me like Appere and Banks have both overtaken Matty Smith in the pecking order so it makes sense to let him go to be honest. He's had a few chances and never really taken any of them. If we're bringing in Nicholson I'd be pretty pleased with that!
    disagree on all points RE Booth

as someone said above better defensively than Robson and as it stands now better then Sporle.

Robson has done absolutely f uck all for years now. So wheres the improvement?

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    disagree on all points RE Booth

as someone said above better defensively than Robson and as it stands now better then Sporle.

Robson has done absolutely f uck all for years now. So wheres the improvement?
    Robson's 21 ffs!! Booth is 28 and he's utter sh1te and only going to get worse. He was utter sh1te in a Hibs team he helped relegate, then utter sh1te in Partick Thistle team he helped relegate. I've got mates who are fans of both teams and, believe me, none of them were sad to see him go. Better defensively?? I have never seen that chunt stop a cross! His passing is dreadful and he's as slow as a week in the jail.

Not that our opinions matter, it seems Robbie has decided he's the one to move on and I think it's the right decision. Robson's already the better player for me and there's scope for improvement, if he screws the nut. He's hardly had great guidance the past few years, has he? Neilson will hopefully bring him on over the next few seasons. He's also probably on lower wages than Booth too.

Booth is similar to Cammy Kerr.
    Zero composure, very poor positional sense hence why hes constantly running back to his own goal and a lightweight tackler.

I'm In no way a big Jamie Robson fan but hes no worse than booth, plus the Argentinian lads here now plus looked no bad on Friday (yes I know we played Cowdenbeath).

Getting booth of the wage bill is a big thumbs up from me.

Robson's 21 ffs!! Booth is 28 and he's utter sh1te and only going to get worse. He was utter sh1te in a Hibs team he helped relegate, then utter sh1te in Partick Thistle team he helped relegate. I've got mates who are fans of both teams and, believe me, none of them were sad to see him go. Better defensively?? I have never seen that chunt stop a cross! His passing is dreadful and he's as slow as a week in the jail.

Not that our opinions matter, it seems Robbie has decided he's the one to move on and I think it's the right decision. Robson's already the better player for me and there's scope for improvement, if he screws the nut. He's hardly had great guidance the past few years, has he? Neilson will hopefully bring him on over the next few seasons. He's also probably on lower wages than Booth too.
    Robsons done nothing of note and defensively hes worse than Booth ffs! Robson is brutal at left back and not much better at LM, canna run wi the ball, cant tackle, rarely meets anyone with a pass either, lightweight and soft.

Totally disagree is the right decision, wrong decision for me. Get Robson out on loan then? see if he improves?

RN talking about getting a winger into help provide service for shanks, Clark 👍(Sow &#129310.

Hopefully more attack minded this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabknight View Post
    RN talking about getting a winger into help provide service for shanks, Clark ��(Sow ��).

Hopefully more attack minded this season.
    Rumour on Tek we've offered Sow three months wages to go. Yesterday please. But I'll be accused of not giving the guy a full season to prove his worth.

Totally agree, Robson is better than Booth or at least on a par with plenty time to improve, Shankland only started scoring regular in the last couple years so he improved from 21 to 23

Booth has been bog standard for years and that's having peaked already

As for Bouhenna, good player on the ball adverb he has time, not played enough to have missed him though, he was injured for a while why the broken nose. We won most of our games second half of the season without him with Reynolds Connolly at the back and Butcher Harkes in cm

So if he wants to leave, thanks for your efforts Rachid and all the best in Romania or Saudi etc

I still think Butcher being fit is absolutely key, he gives us a steel that we never had before, we don't get out fought or bullied against the likes of ICT etc since he arrived

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    Robsons done nothing of note and defensively hes worse than Booth ffs! Robson is brutal at left back and not much better at LM, canna run wi the ball, cant tackle, rarely meets anyone with a pass either, lightweight and soft.

Totally disagree is the right decision, wrong decision for me. Get Robson out on loan then? see if he improves?
    He's a young laddie with a lot of potential. Southampton had scouts up to watch him 3 or 4 times for Christ's sake. Granted he's got a lot to learn but I'd much rather we invest in his potential than spunk wages away on a mediocre player who has proven himself throughout his whole career to be substandard. Hence he was emptied by Hibs and Partick.

He's a young laddie with a lot of potential. Southampton had scouts up to watch him 3 or 4 times for Christ's sake. Granted he's got a lot to learn but I'd much rather we invest in his potential than spunk wages away on a mediocre player who has proven himself throughout his whole career to be substandard. Hence he was emptied by Hibs and Partick.
    his issue was his head, lack of maturity and discipline. He has improved in midfield and i think he has to be applauded for growing up. He needs to do it consistently for a season or two. He is no Andy Robertson but better than Booth. IMHO

Quote Originally Posted by Shedboy1971 View Post
    his issue was his head, lack of maturity and discipline. He has improved in midfield and i think he has to be applauded for growing up. He needs to do it consistently for a season or two. He is no Andy Robertson but better than Booth. IMHO
    Let's face it, he'll never be remotely close to Robertson but I think he can develop into a very decent player for us with the right guidance and some patience.

Page 43 of 127 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)