+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking to the future...

One of Carson or Roos will go. neither will be happy on the bench. The question is will Mitchell be happy with that role and does FL think he is good enough.?

Martin will either be sold or loaned out. He simply does not fit F:'s demands of a #9. He is gone IMO.

Thorne being fit is unlikely and I think his contract will get paid off.

Forsyth took best part of a season to get back to form following his previous ACL injury. He will need that much again so may be available for the last 10 games or so of next season. At his age we should part ways IMO.

Davies is another ageing player and it is unlikely he will be more than a bit part player next season, especially if Tomori returns on loan.

Wisdom will not want to play 2nd fiddle again. He might be considered for CD if Tomori doesn't come back

Anya remains an enigma. Is he simply not producing enough in training? Are the rumours that 1 more senior appearance will cost us an arm and a leg true? If either is true then we should let him go.

Johnson has started producing again but is that only because his contract is up? I'd give him another year as cover for Shinnie.

Butterfield - let him go,

Pearce - already gone to Millwall,

Bryson - will remain a fans' favourite and will be better off at Kilmarnock next season IMO.

Elsnick - I'd keep him.

Olsson? Tough one but I'd let go. We still have Malone and Lowe for the role. I have covered Fozzy previously.

Cole - might stay in a coaching role while remaining signed as a player but only to be used in emergency provided he is fit enough.

Blackman - time to go. Never had a chance with us. Out and out striker played out wide...... Better luck elsewhere lad.

Ambrose - thanks for being cover. Not needed any more.

Thomas back from Coventry as well. Lowe covered already. How many more loaness do we have returning that I haven't mentioned?

Talking formations for next season is a waste of time at the moment as we have no idea which players we will still have.

It seems FL is staying. Brilliant. He had a long discussion with MM yesterday on transfer targets for the new season. He won't go to Chelsea just yet. They now go into the next 2 windows under embargo. There is also the little matter of the 42 players they have out on loan coming back.......... CFC is a pisoned chalice IMO despite their EL Final win.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Wasn’t suggesting it’s bad at all, MoP...and no one’s mentioned Shinnie yet either...he sounds like a midfield ‘presence’.

Would like to sort things as far as Anya, Martin and Thorne are concerned though. Bad for the morale of the squad as a whole to have the best paid pro’s hanging around contributing nothing, imo. I really rate Anya for example...but honestly, what is the point of him still being around the club and if Thorne is never going to be fit enough to play a part then the same goes for him too.

Still, even at this stage...Roos; Wisdom, Keogh, Davies/Tomori, Malone; Bogle, Shinnie, Johnson, Holmes; Waghorn, Marriott. Subs, Lawrence, Evans, Malone, McAllister/ Huddlestone/ Sibley, Carson wouldn’t be a bad start.
    That list just lacks the x factor to get you promoted

Roos - Can go for me
    Wisdom - I would of played him left back in the play off final , thought he played better there than right back, but seems not in the plans so bye
    Keogh - maybe one more go at it
    Davies - I think the injury will have a massive effect we need more pace -no Tomori we need to think again
    Malone - I don't rate him
    Bogle - needs to go to free up funds if its 10 million plus
    Shinnie - no idea
    Johnson - We need to freshen up midfield so no
    Holmes - yes decent player but we need more muscle to play with him
    Waghorn - Sorry I don't rate him
    Marriott - Something amiss - wish someone would explain ,looks the real deal when? he plays
    Lawrence - irritating player who looks like he can , but can't - cash in
    Evans - don't see anything
    Huddlestone - finished in my opinion
    Sibley - like what I see ,needs to be involved more
    Carson - Lost that agility bye

Conclusion - Unless we sell Bogle and Lawrence for decent money and buy and loan 8 or 9 or 10 or 11 more players we are stuffed

Let’s be clear, there is no future for you ewes

...now we know where we’ll be next season who goes and who stays?

So many questions even now. Any thoughts and answers?
    Well one question that Ive asked you before on here Anag, is are you looking forward to coming back to jolly old Oakwell ?.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Well one question that Ive asked you before on here Anag, is are you looking forward to coming back to jolly old Oakwell ?.
    Always, Acido...as I’ve said before...proper ground, proper football town and it’s easy (the journey I mean...not the contest)...just a pity about Guntery or whatever he’s called.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Acido I always love going to Oakwell great atmosphere great people You have a very good team and manager at the moment If you hang into them both you will cause a surprise next season

Quote Originally Posted by Pacaman View Post
    Let’s be clear, there is no future for you ewes
    Let's be clear it's 16years since you had a future How was div3

Quote Originally Posted by eddy779h34 View Post

Roos - Can go for me
    Wisdom - I would of played him left back in the play off final , thought he played better there than right back, but seems not in the plans so bye
    Davies - I think the injury will have a massive effect we need more pace -no Tomori we need to think again
    Shinnie - no idea
    Marriott - Something amiss - wish someone would explain ,looks the real deal when? he plays

Conclusion - Unless we sell Bogle and Lawrence for decent money and buy and loan 8 or 9 or 10 or 11 more players we are stuffed
    Bit pessimistic eddy. Know what you mean, it almost certainly isn’t a ‘promotion’ side but it’s a decent base to work from and presumably, if Lampard stays, he knows much more now about the additions needed to get the best out of that group of players.
    100% agree with you about Marriott.

Quote Originally Posted by eddy779h34 View Post

Roos - Can go for me
    Shinnie - no idea

Eddie agree with most of that especially Wisdom at left back played there once won MoM never to appear there again
    Roos to go
    Keogh keep
    Davies finished ( before his injury )
    Malone on the bench
    Bogle need to sell
    Shinnie great signing
    Waghorn keep
    Marriott keep but obviously there's a problem some where
    Lawrence Get rid most inconsistent player I've seen
    Evans. Think he will prove us wrong when he's match fit
    Huddleston got him for another season
    Sibley looking forward to seeing him
    Carson get rid
    Conclusion there isn't one till we know who is going and more important who is coming in

Always, Acido...as I’ve said before...proper ground, proper football town and it’s easy (the journey I mean...not the contest)...just a pity about Guntery or whatever he’s called.

Proper?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)