+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Boris has his Collar Felt

Doesn't Boris have previous? As a Times journalist, and I think he was fired for not living up to journalistic standards (yes they have them), he used to tell all kinds of 'porky-pies' about the EU and Johnny Foreigner. I read somewhere he originated stories about the EU trying to ban 'curvy bananas'. Yes, the trial of Boris the untruthful might not fit ideas of justice, but it might also be the beginning of political influences shifting against the serial clown. His best defense when found out is to say he was only joking. When he isn't found out the poison he pushes to satisfy his own ambition has a corrosive effect on public life. I think that last point was the one 1959-60 was expecting people to embrace.

I'd also say two things about Lib Dems and tuition fees. (1) students are floating left-voters par excellence. I suspect many of them voted Green because they 'didn't like Corbyn on Brexit' after they didn't vote Lib Dem over tuition fees. I have to acknowledge my education was largely paid for by Bury Council and my parents, but that was the 1980s. There are other calls on the public purse than students. They, of course, don't want to hear that any more than any other voter.

(2) Saying you are going to do something, getting a reward for it and then finding out you can't do it (help students) is only lying if you intended all of the above. I didn't much enjoy our coalition with the Tory scum, but I don't see how the Lib Dems can be accused of lying, betrayal perhaps, but that wasn't entirely beyond the realm of Tory responsibility. Glad to see them getting stick for 'austerity', which appeared a better idea in 2008-2009 than it does today.

What I am proud of is how much ire the Lib Dems are stirring. For us the worst thing is to be ignored. Bring it all on: we can take 'yellow peril', 'Liberal leeches' etc.,... it means you're rattled. Jez the Red has had his day. Bollox to Brexit.

'the EU screws us for a lot of money', Sinkov? I thought, Maggie, Maggie, Maggie got us a rebate?

BDS -- Boris Dementia Syndrome? If so, you're lifting your defense straight from the Trumpian playbook. The original was Trump Dementia Syndrome. Trump is so good at upsetting the people who make you feel uncomfortable, you should vote for him: that was the message. It is a variant of the Lynton Croseby dog-whistle technique. All mightily magnified and propagated by unregulated social media. To argue with a demagogue has always been portrayed as an ad hominem attack by his or her weakest defenders.

The Lib Dems are simply picking up the current "protest vote" against the awful Brexit ineptitude of May and Corbyn. There is no resurgence of interest in the Lib Dems. Cable is resigning, Fallon a busted flush, Swinson is even more awful than Fallon.

If the fatuous Johnson is ever going to face criminal proceedings for wilfully lying, Alcatraz should already be refurbished and in full swing to house the nefarious Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by savannahclaret View Post
    'the EU screws us for a lot of money', Sinkov? I thought, Maggie, Maggie, Maggie got us a rebate?
    Have you not seen the photos of the Boris Bus Savannah ? It was all there for everyone to see, £350,000 a week we send them, money we could be spending on the NHS.

Quote Originally Posted by savannahclaret View Post
    BDS -- Boris Dementia Syndrome? If so, you're lifting your defense straight from the Trumpian playbook. The original was Trump Dementia Syndrome. Trump is so good at upsetting the people who make you feel uncomfortable, you should vote for him: that was the message. It is a variant of the Lynton Croseby dog-whistle technique. All mightily magnified and propagated by unregulated social media. To argue with a demagogue has always been portrayed as an ad hominem attack by his or her weakest defenders.
    No, no, no Savannah, we know all about TDS on here, as I have pointed out on many occasions 59 and BT have chronic infections, so you're in excellent company. BDS is nothing to do with Boris, it's Brexit Derangemant Syndrome, 59 suffers badly, as must you being a LibDem, and judging by the slightly hysterical nature of some of your posts, you have an even deeper seated infection than him. Sadly there's no known cure as far as I know, so I can't help.

The good news is though that my mate BT is BDS free, bring a wily old political operater he sees the EU for the corrupt, protectionist, globalist scam that it is, and like me and Sir Nigel can't wait for the day the UK unshackles itself from the putrid rotting corpse.

Have a good day mon ami, I trust the weather is better where you are, pissing down again here on the Lancaster Canal.

Hear, hear sinkov! Remind me again though, exactly when did we become "mates"?

Have you really thought this through 59 ? I was wrong about the crowd-funded £200k to bring this case, it was almost £400k, fine if you have access to unlimited funds and you want to put your political opponents back in their box, but the likes of me and you won't be able to afford such luxuries, in fact very few will. But the rich and powerful will, the big corporations, the oil companies for instance, Ed Davey for one had best beware what he says in such a world, every word he utters will be pored over by lawyers in oil companies HQs the world over. If you go down this road the only winners will be the rich and powerful, the Tories in other words, is this really what you want ?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Hear, hear sinkov! Remind me again though, exactly when did we become "mates"?
    We've always been mates BT, bollox to politics, we are Burnley fans, there is an unbreakable bond between us.

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    Well, if he is found guilty then plenty of politicians will be very worried.

But....if it results in more honesty in our politics then that is a good thing.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48445430
    Better get some big prisons 59 if they convict Boris for that,
    I mean as soon as a politician speaks nowadays you know he’s lying because his lips are moving.

Our Theresa is behind this I’d guess as Boris has been a bit of a problem to her from day 1.

That’s the prime minister who’s husband is sanctioning sales of arms to countries while his wife wrecks our country.

Never could get my head around why when politicians get into positions of power they think they can just do and say what they like - I mean Cameron and his fathers offshore monies etc and telling the public it wasn’t acceptable for them to do it but Ok for him and his family.

This will imo only make Boris stronger and nothing will come of it , just more money wasted.

A few squeaky bums if by some chance they did convict him though.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)