+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Boris has his Collar Felt

[B]"I suspect many of them voted Green because they 'didn't like Corbyn on Brexit'"[B]

I'm impressed Savannah, those astonishing powers again, not only can you read Brexiteer's minds but students as well. If there actually is such a thing as a student Brexiteer, he'd have no secrets from you.

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    Better get some big prisons 59 if they convict Boris for that,
    I mean as soon as a politician speaks nowadays you know he’s lying because his lips are moving.

Our Theresa is behind this I’d guess as Boris has been a bit of a problem to her from day 1.

That’s the prime minister who’s husband is sanctioning sales of arms to countries while his wife wrecks our country.

Never could get my head around why when politicians get into positions of power they think they can just do and say what they like - I mean Cameron and his fathers offshore monies etc and telling the public it wasn’t acceptable for them to do it but Ok for him and his family.

This will imo only make Boris stronger and nothing will come of it , just more money wasted.

A few squeaky bums if by some chance they did convict him though.
    Bit premature to talk of convictions yet army. BoJo has not actually been charged with a criminal offence!

[QUOTE=sinkov;39236034]No, no, no Savannah, we know all about BDS on here, as I have pointed out on many occasions 59 and BT have chronic infections, so you're in excellent company. BDS is nothing to do with Boris, it's Brexit Derangemant Syndrome, 59 suffers badly, as must you being a LibDem, and judging by the slightly hysterical nature of some of your posts, you have an even deeper seated infection than him. Sadly there's no known cure as far as I know, so I can't help.

Let me change the detail and repeat the point -- even as Brexit Derangement Syndrome (BDS) -- this is a play from the Trumpian hand of deception. The EU is more than you describe. I assume you are a Labour brexiteer. Good luck to you, also. I am perfectly happy with your wrong-headed diagnosis.

You my friend have drunk the cool aid (Jim Jones -- Jones town, Guyana). I hope Britain never finds out the consequences of a 'clean brexit' based on a load of Bolloxs from Bojo and Niggly Nigel - a man who accepts $160,000 a year from the organization he has spent the last 20 years rubbishing. yes, the EU. It isn't perfect, but if ever you find out in reality about the alternative (WTO rules) you might change your tune.

You might not recognize any such reality -- depending on how much cool aid you've imbibed. You might simply follow Niggly into finding folks to blame for why a 'clean brexit' didn't result in the expected new millennium of milk and honey. I'll put my hand up as a remoaner, but then I'm safe from UK economic chaos in Trumpland. For the land of my birth, Burnley in particular, I'm counting on there being fewer and fewer Brexiteers as time goes by.

Here we've had 100 degree Fahrenheit (sorry a German word) for the last 5 days. Suppose you'd prefer Celsius (a Franco-Latin word), or is there a Niggly approved way of measuring temperature? You know something patriotic, nostalgic, involving spitfires and ultimately created by Trumpie-Bumpie's genius puppeteer Steve Bannon? I sign off for the time being hysterically -- laughing not crying, though. Have a great day Sinkov. I enjoy your ideas.
    Last edited by savannahclaret; 30-05-2019 at 09:55 AM.

I find it odd that people are trying to shoot me down for suggesting that politicians - ALL politicians, should speak the truth and be penalised if they knowingly tell lies to further their career.

I'm afraid that you are showing that your principles are very questionable. You seem to be arguing that it is OK for them to lie to us - they will only have this well paid job for five years anyway when, and if, they are found out.

In future please don't complain about the lack of honesty from our politicians if you are happy for them to get away with lies.

And I wish I was your used car salesman. "Genuine 30K miles on the clock Guv. 70 miles to the gallon and i'll get my mate to give it a full check and MOT"

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    [B]"I suspect many of them voted Green because they 'didn't like Corbyn on Brexit'"[B]

I'm impressed Savannah, those astonishing powers again, not only can you read Brexiteer's minds but students as well. If there actually is such a thing as a student Brexiteer, he'd have no secrets from you.

Yeah, I can read people's minds Sinkov (are you a Russian bot?) when they're arguments are so transparent. I know you're not a bot! Just showing the amazing power you attribute to me are limited.

No problem with the languages Savannah, we lived in France for ten years, and I get by in German when we stay with our German friends in Stuttgart. One thing I do have a problem with though, what's cool aid ? And how is the weather over there, you never did say.

Cool aid? It's what our government sends to the desperate souls in Palestine sinkov. You know the ones, they suffer apartheid and fascism every day of their miserable, downtrodden lives....

Attachment 12831

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    I find it odd that people are trying to shoot me down for suggesting that politicians - ALL politicians, should speak the truth and be penalised if they knowingly tell lies to further their career.

Nope, shooting down your proposed method of penalising lying politicians 59, nearly half a million pounds a pop in a court of law. Typical LibDemmery, half-baked, not fully thought out, unworkable solutions to a problem easily resolved anyway, by the people being lied to, the voters.

I'm afraid that you are showing that your principles are very questionable.

I would respectfully suggest 59, that 17.4 million people who voted to leave the EU in a democratic referendum, might find your principals, and those of your LibDem chums very questionable, questionable down to the point of non-existent. And what's even more shocking, you seem actually proud of your unprincipled stance and even brag about it. Shame on you.

In future please don't complain about the lack of honesty from our politicians if you are happy for them to get away with lies.

Can't see what relevance this has to me, we just differ in our preferred methods of visiting retribution on lying politicians. I prefer a system that works, to one that only the odd crowd-funded crank and wealthy Tories can use.
    Well impressed with both Trungs and the Far Pavillion at Bolton-le-Sands last weekend 59, I presume you know them both ?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Cool aid? It's what our government sends to the desperate souls in Palestine sinkov. You know the ones, they suffer apartheid and fascism every day of their miserable, downtrodden lives....

Attachment 12831
    No, you're getting mixed up BT, it's Foreign Aid we send to them phuckers, millions of pounds of it, sorry my bad, make that billions of pounds of it. Allah knows what they with it though, they always seem hungry.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Well impressed with both Trungs and the Far Pavillion at Bolton-le-Sands last weekend 59, I presume you know them both ?
    Not been in either yet Sinkov but we've heard good reports of the Far Pavillion.

Did I read that you are on the Lancaster Canal at the moment? Fancy popping in to Morecambe for a brew? If you are sans car I can soon pick you up? Biscuits available but no pies.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)