+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: O/T Is it just me?

O/T Is it just me?

Or is this the most brain dead, moronic, lemming like, self centered, selfish, look at me activity you have ever seen in your fecking life.

Shuffling in a line to get to the summit of Everest, casually passing the bodies of a couple of climbers that did'nt make it!!!

I don't even feel that sorry for the one's that didn't make it. The bereaved families have almost all the same comments, "well, it's something he always wanted to do". What, spend 12,000 pounds of their money and leave them to fend for themselves!?

Have I missed something?

Name:  _107091609_3c6a07f4-7c96-425d-9f5a-9cecde5ec5e6.jpg
Views: 219
Size:  85.2 KB

Woodie, as far I am concerned, it NOT just you. Frankly if these people want to queue, wait for the Harrod's Xmas sale and that could potentially be more productive and probably less life threatening.

Climbers, pot holers .... STRANGE people!!

Quote Originally Posted by WOODLANDSWOLF View Post
    Or is this the most brain dead, moronic, lemming like, self centered, selfish, look at me activity you have ever seen in your fecking life.

Shuffling in a line to get to the summit of Everest, casually passing the bodies of a couple of climbers that did'nt make it!!!

I don't even feel that sorry for the one's that didn't make it. The bereaved families have almost all the same comments, "well, it's something he always wanted to do". What, spend 12,000 pounds of their money and leave them to fend for themselves!?

Have I missed something?

Name:  _107091609_3c6a07f4-7c96-425d-9f5a-9cecde5ec5e6.jpg
Views: 219
Size:  85.2 KB
    Very odd and sad, Everest has become a tourist trap, for some on a permanent basis... I remember reading about this a few years ago apart from the dead bodies there is a growing issue with clearing the waste left by the 'climbers' on the mountain and at base camp as it has to be helicoptered away.

Quote Originally Posted by nortonwolf View Post
    Very odd and sad, Everest has become a tourist trap, for some on a permanent basis... I remember reading about this a few years ago apart from the dead bodies there is a growing issue with clearing the waste left by the 'climbers' on the mountain and at base camp as it has to be helicoptered away.
    Apparently there is around ten ton of trash lying at the last staging post [camp] before the summit. They should make the feckers eat it!

I think just by looking at that photograph, it makes me wonder why do they allow so many to climb it one after another? You actually have a domino affect if one person slips and falls backwards, it then endanger's other climber's.

Quote Originally Posted by wolves71 View Post
    I think just by looking at that photograph, it makes me wonder why do they allow so many to climb it one after another? You actually have a domino affect if one person slips and falls backwards, it then endanger's other climber's.
    It's all about money mate, as usual. The Nepal government gets 11,500 quid per climber. They aint going to give that up in a hurry. It's probably a big slice of the GDP!

It's all about money mate, as usual. The Nepal government gets 11,500 quid per climber. They aint going to give that up in a hurry. It's probably a big slice of the GDP!
    And there’s only a short climbing season, April and May, when this can happen... madness.

No they are not, money over people's lives, but the climbers no the risks before they start the climb.

It is a strange obsession but harmless.

I think I posted this before but here goes. A few years ago I visited "The Devils Tower" in Wyoming. It is a huge volcanic outcrop that was [is] revered by native Americans as a sacred site.

Attachment 13066

And it is a very special place, the whole surrounding area has a very special feeling to it. Anyway as I got close to it I could hear some echoing sounds bouncing around and when I came out of the trees to the base of the tower there they were the aresholes. Three or four brightly clothed climbers making their way up the face of the tower shouting verbal high fives to each other.

I had a private fantasy of the spirit of a Native American stepping out of the trees with his bow and arrows and shooting the feckers to the ground.

If only!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)