+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Etete

Etete

Has signed peminently for Tottenham's Development team.

Shame but good luck to him

It's only a shame imo if we weren't fairly compensated, he might turn out to be absolute pants for them and never progress past their U23's then we'll end up happy that we cashed in. On the other hand he could turn out to be the next Harry Kane, time will tell, there will probably be add on clauses depending on how succesful he is too so it'll be interesting to see how he turns out.

Quote Originally Posted by Freeman25 View Post
    It's only a shame imo if we weren't fairly compensated, he might turn out to be absolute pants for them and never progress past their U23's then we'll end up happy that we cashed in. On the other hand he could turn out to be the next Harry Kane, time will tell, there will probably be add on clauses depending on how succesful he is too so it'll be interesting to see how he turns out.
    Exactly, I only saw Etete play two full reserve team games plus a few sub appearances. I saw a gangly kid with some potential, but nothing to make me think he was ready for the first team despite the lack of opposition last season. Like Dongda He, he's the sort of player Premiership clubs will sign twenty of in the hope that one of them makes the big time. As Freeman says, all we can hope for is that we put some good sell-on or appearance clauses into the deal in case he does turn out to be a top level player.

Feels a bit like ground hog day! Didn't Hardy complain that Trew sold a young upcoming player just before the club was sold to pay a debt?

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Feels a bit like ground hog day! Didn't Hardy complain that Trew sold a young upcoming player just before the club was sold to pay a debt?
    Yes he did it was Jack Bearne.

That s the tax bill paid then. Bird next to go.

I've got it on good authority, that he was sold for £1,000,000. So you could say that's the tax bill taken care of. 😏

Quote Originally Posted by L.E.County Pie. View Post
    I've got it on good authority, that he was sold for £1,000,000. So you could say that's the tax bill taken care of. ��
    Give over, not even half that I bet

Quote Originally Posted by L.E.County Pie. View Post
    I've got it on good authority, that he was sold for £1,000,000. So you could say that's the tax bill taken care of. 😏
    There’s no chance on earth he’s gone for that much!

That figure came from someone very close to the player himself. Can't see any reason for them to make these figures up.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast